1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Does an 18" wheels fit perfectly on an 03-04 rolla?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Manila_Boy, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Offline

Manila_Boy Guest

Message Count:
    Does an 18" wheels fit perfectly on an 03-04 rolla?

if i had an 18" how low should i drop it? and do you guys prefer a 17" rather than an 18"? What kinda rims do you guys prefer on a rolla? 5 spoke? 6? or 7? shadow rims? or gunmetal? Also i have a rolla CE would it look nice if i lowered it with rims even though i dont have the S kit or any extensions on it??? would it look nice? havent seen any rolla that did that yet..
  2. Offline

Left-Track Guest

Message Count:
    I got Konig Theory 18"x7.5 with Dunlop FM901 225/40/18 and it fit perfectly. No rubbing at all but I now need to drop it.
  3. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    18's look better on the 03-05 models. you can basically lower it as much as you want as wheel gap on these cars is huge. I have 5 spoke TRD wheels, but there are many different styles that look great on these cars. As for wheel color, that all depends on the color of your car. And a CE/LE model can still look great with a drop and some wheels, just check out bzssan's (sp?) car.
  4. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    18s would look awesome...

As far as dropping on a CE, it is a must. I get tons of compliments on my car around here, considering it's one of of TWO corollas here that aren't stock. I'm thinking about going the 18" route too, just not sure if I want to spend more money on this car or not...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/travisbguy
  5. Offline

604racing Guest

Message Count:
    I have 18s, no problems with rubbing or anything. I love the look of it. I'm really glad I went with 18s rather than 17s.
  6. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    Please lower your car 1st because theres a corolla around here that has 18" and not lowerd....it looks to be higher then the stock set-up even tho its not.
  7. Offline

Left-Track Guest

Message Count:
    I think your talking about me !!! :oops:

I just don't want to take a 2.5" drop and after realise that my 18" don't fit.
  8. Offline

Manila_Boy Guest

Message Count:
    How high off the ground should the car be? SO it would not grind on the ground but still has an awesome look.[/quote]
  9. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    if you get 17s or 18s, just keep the overall tire diameter the same as stock. use the tire size calculator located on this site and figure it out..it dont matter, if you want 15s, 16s, 17s, 18s, or 19s..theyll all fit (assuming offset and width is taken into consideration) as long as you dont mess with the overall diamter too much. you could get a smaller overall diamater than stock and that would fit but would scrape more and would rub less. this topic has been discussed MANY times..also, there are various people on this board with 15s, 16s, 17s, & 18s..(i think i only seen one or two rollas with 19s). its nothing new..
  10. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    this thread also belongs in the suspension forum