1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DIY DIY - Tercel 91 - 94 Oil Change & Tune Up

Discussion in 'Other DIY & Questions' started by RinconRolla98, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

This DIY is on a 1993 Toyota Tercel with a 1.5L FI SOHC 4cyl , 3E - E .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is a basic oil change , You drain your oil pan , remove the oil filter , Because this vehicle has alot of miles I did a 10w 40 oil change and added STP . Its your car you can put either OEM or what is good for you .

[IMG]

[IMG]

Make sure you wipe the area before putting back your new oil filter and put a light coat of oil on the rubber part on the oil filter hand tighten then add oil .

[IMG]

This is the Tune up .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Before removing your distributor cap there is the intake hose to your air filter cause it will make it easier . Its your car so if you don't or do either way .

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now on this vehicle the plugs & cap are one piece . I'm sure they sell them separate but I bought them as one . When you put your rotor button back I added some anti seize .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then once you replaced your cap & rotor you can remove the front of the cold intake hose so you can gave easy access to the spark plugs .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Make sure you put anti seize on the thread of all your plugs , gap your plugs . They say your plugs are pre gap but its your car on whether you trust them or not .

[IMG]

[IMG]

The plastic holder for the wires broke so I added a tie strap so that the wires don't fall on the heat shield of the exhaust , Plus I took off the plastic heat shield for the wire that is the farthest so that the heat doesn't soften of melt the wire .

[IMG]

Once you have your plugs back together then you can change your PCV valve .

[IMG]

And last you can replace your air filter .

[IMG]

Once you are finished you start your car and listen for misfires . If all sounds well then you have completed the most easiest tune up and oil change .

More information or help you can contact me at www.CorollaCarClub.proboards.com or http://rinconrolla98.blogspot.com