1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DIY DIY - Tercel 91 - 94 Alternator Replacement

Discussion in 'Other DIY & Questions' started by RinconRolla98, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This is a DIY for a 1993 Toyota Tercel .

[IMG]

First anytime you work on anything electrical on any vehicle you disconnect the battery on newer cars they sell a plug that goes into your lighter to keep your ECM from resetting itself on older vehicles you don't have to worry about that .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The first thing I did was remove the plug and the wire from the alternator , then I loosen up the bracket bolt where it holds the oil dip then I went I took off the bolt that screws into the alternator .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Then you go underneath the vehicle and remove the bottom bolt going through the alternator . Once you have that remove the lightly tap the alternator free with out dropping it on your face .

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now this Tercel carries 3 types of alternators , 60amp Without Cold Climate package , 70amp Without Cold Climate package and another one With Cold Climate package . On this particular Tercel it has the heat shield that you have to remove from the old one before you turn it in for a core charge and place it on your new one . Keep all the screws .

I use dielectric for the plug and the anti seize for the bolts to keep them from going bad .

[IMG]

Then you reverse everything and then you adjust your alternator belt to where it isn't to tight or to loose . Enough to where you can twist it from side to side .

Warning when putting a new alternator make sure you battery is fully charged or new or else you will burn out the new alternator and you will void your warranty on your alternator .

More info on www.CorollaCarClub.proboards.com or http://rinconrolla98.blogspot.com

2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    "Without dropping it on your face" hahahaha
  3. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    maybe thats what happened to him hehe
  4. Offline