1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine DIY on installing TRD Cold Air Intake?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by GT-R, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    DIY on installing TRD Cold Air Intake?

Is there a DIY out there on installing the TRD Cold Air Intake? Also, If I install it myself does that void any kind of warranty? Would I be better off having a dealer install it?
  2. Offline

CowboyBebop Guest

Message Count:
    I have a TRD cai and it was pretty easy to install. When u buy it, it comes with straight forward instructions. I have the pdf file of the instructions, if you want it you can email me. Legally, aftermarket parts cannot void ur warranty. Well if your still wanting to give it a try, u could bring it to a dealer to install it, but they'll probably charge u 50-60 bucks. I'd say give it a shot, as long as u have the patience, the right tools, about 2 hours..u can do it!! 8)
  3. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    Hehe cool, yea it would be dope if you could send me those instructions, my email address is: tk_gtr@hotmail.com
    Thanks man
  4. Offline

c2300 Guest

Message Count:
    Just to add to that. TRD CAI come with a 1 year warranty on them no matter who installs them. also its 168 plus tax for the dealer to install it.
  5. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    ouch...
    Is there any difference in warranty if I install it or a dealer installs it?
  6. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    168 is too much its a 1/2 hour job and as per state law here in MI labor rate is $50/ hour just haggle a little and you may be able to get a better price and keep your warranty cuz they installed it. i'd try and talk with them if i were you.
  7. Offline

nakanari Guest

Message Count:
    ....can i asking how much is TRD intake?
  8. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    got mine for 208 from my dealership
  9. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    Whats the difference in warranty if I install it and whats the difference in warrant if I pay the dealer to install it? If there is no difference I'd like to try to do it myself.
  10. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    if it breaks something u gotta pay for repairs otherwise your warranty covers it. eventhough TRD makes it installation still makes a difference cuz they can blame it on bad install.
  11. Offline

1ZZ-ROLLA-S Guest

Message Count:
    If you install it, it will be under warranty for 1 year. If the dealer installs it, it will be under warranty for the remainder of your 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty....which ever is the longest. If you decide to install it, and it is installed correctly, it will not void your existing warranty....especially since a TRD part is a "Toyota" part.
  12. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    Got the email...thx man