1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DIY DIY Dashboard Cup Holder and Storage Corolla 93 - 97

Discussion in 'Other DIY & Questions' started by RinconRolla98, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    DIY Dashboard Cup Holder and Storage Corolla 93 - 97

This is a DIY of a 98-02 Dashboard Cup Holder and Storage conversion into a 93-97 Corolla .

[IMG]

This is what my 93 corolla had in the center consule area .

[IMG]

Then I purchased this from E-bay . There very hard to find and very expensive . But the cup holders are bigger and this has a door . What I did was take this apart from the side brackets and prepped it.

[IMG]

bought some plastic black paint from Walmart . No sanding needed . Clean and get all the grease off before painting .

[IMG]

Then paint the cup holder as well cause it opens up.

[IMG]

As you can tell the one on the right is the old cup holder that the 93-97 corolla has .

[IMG]

Then you take off the cover that goes around the old storage box to expose the 4 phillips screw head bolts that hold the bracket . ( Advise : If you have a magnet screw driver thats better cause the bolts tend to drop off and its hard to get your fingers in there . )

[IMG]

You remove the bracket from the 93-97 corolla because you have to use this bracket so that the other stroage box fits good .

[IMG]

You line up the holes and the peg that sticks out of the new cup holder and then screw the bracket to the new storage box .

[IMG]

Screw the new storage box and cup holder .

[IMG]

Then put the cover back on and there you go now you can get a super size cup and put it in your new cup holder . (Reminder : Your gonna have to either with a dremel or a grinder slightly grind around the area of the frame around the cup holder so that it can easily slide in and out . Test cup holder and door . In my situation I had to grind off just a little . )

[IMG]

Then there you have it you can put your stuff in the box.

[IMG]

This is what the final out look you will see and nice clean storage box .
  2. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Nice DIY.

I just threw my old Storage/Cupholder unit out. I got it from someon for 20 bucks when I was switching some stuff around, and never ended up using it.

Now I feel bad because someone else could have used it :(
  3. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Didn't you already post this? Or was that on CCC
  4. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I posted it on 3 forums , cause not everyone likes this forum or the other ones , YEs I post the pics up but never did a DIY , Plus I'm making a DIY page so I figure I share everything I did to my cars with people of the same interest :)