1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Fitness dieting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 94corolla-chafita, May 23, 2008.

1. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    dieting

ok what? ive been eating sandwiches with the works lettuce tomatoe ham cheese on wheat. been drinking homemade natural green tea with it. i read somewhere that drinking ice cold water is good cus you use calories to get the water to body temp. the fitness guide that came with the bowflex says it.

how do u guys diet? any suggestions, comments?
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    cardio and not eating.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    toothbrush in thoat?
  4. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    reduced caloric intake, low glycemic food diet, weight train 3 times a week, cardio 4 times a week. each exercise probably no more than an hour long. (that is when i exercise..) I also play tennis, rock climb, hike, and bike whenever possible.. (sometimes exercise my thumbs playing games).

As far as the water thing, cold water will help your body burn more calories but this information is a good 10 years old. Recent studies have shown that room temperature water is better, especially when exercising since it will hydrate your body better for some reason. drinking water thats too cold while exercising and your body is warmed up, it will kinda shock your body kinda like if you were to jump into an ice cold lake during the middle of a winter which could screw your body up. But if you're just hot from the weather or something, ice cold water is best! :)
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    i go throu 4 liters of water a day... like 16 glasses... is this ok?
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    depends on your body type. if youre a big guy, sure, if you're a small shorty skinny guy, probably not. I'm 5'5" 180lbs and I drink about 2Liters a day of liquid on average when i'm not really doing much. When i'm exercising/moving around, I can easily consume 4 times that.

An easy way to find out if you're fairly hydrated and well is looking at your urine. If your urine is completely clear, you probably drank too much water and most of it is just flushing out. If your urine is really yellow and or smells very acidic, you're probably not drinking enough. If its like a light hay yellowish color, then you're good. Now also keep in mind that things you eat or drink may also effect the color of your urine. drinking soda pop or other beverages with other chemicals may dilute or saturate the color of your urine. If you take supplements such as multi vitamins from GNC, centrum and crap, your urine may appear to be super neon yellow. Anyway, everyone's body is made differently so i would say experiment and pay more attention to some of the details. you'll find some of it quite interesting.

Also beware of all the pseudo-science based health and wellness companies who has different things to say about health. 90% of the stuff out there is BS. But if you research enough, you'll find some pretty good information on the interweb.
  7. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Remember that you can drown yourself if you consume way too much water. Remember the woman who died from that Wii contest?
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    the urine thing i already knew. but damn drunksaru a+ u really did ur homework!! lol i guess im fine, im 5'9" 230lbs, i hardly ever drink any carbonated bevarages.

what woman died??? ima google it!!
  9. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    google "hold your wee for a wii" - she died because she drank too much too quickly and didn't let it evacuate.
  10. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    small portions and try to eat 5 or 6 small times a day.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    the health and wellness industry is huge right now but also at the same time there are a lot of wacko companies and people and me being a pretty big skeptic, I do a lot of research. Rollatuner knows how much of a skeptic i am.. i think..

Anyway, I'm no health profession nor am i a nutritionist but I do believe I have more knowledge than most regular ppl. But i do make mistakes so feel free to argue my points whenever.
  12. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Yes, you are a hardcore skeptic, as am I. LOL :D Drinking too much soda can also damage your liver as well. There are reported cases or cirrhosis from chronic soda drinkers.

And yes, you can actually saturate your aveoli with water and drown if your intake of water is more than your ouput.
  13. Offline

Tonyota VVTI BLOWN..??

Message Count:
    Dam thats alot of water...If it was beer I would have no problem.:confused: Light beer of course.:p
  14. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    eat small portion of food breakfast,lunch and dinner,of course alot of weight lifting and running atleast 1hr a day and 5days a week.alot of sweat is the key to burn calories and fat.
  15. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    heres my diet, i start of my day with a McDonald breakfast meal, at lunch a big fat double cheese/bacon hamburger w/ L. fries and a drink. then at night i order in or eat watever that is in the fridge. always drink soda & never exercise

i'm 5'4 and only 120 pound YAY!
    *i lose weight if i don't eat
  16. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    understood that you lose weight if you don't eat, but that kind of a diet is horrid for you. eat lots of protein-heavy and carb-heavy food...but NUTRITIOUS, rather than that trash.
  17. Offline

XRSAZ New Member

Message Count:
    dieting

No real secrets about losing weight. Just more calories going out than coming in.
    Small portions help(5or 6)
    Lots of water helps
    Don't stop eating because your body will hold on to every bit of reserve; it thinks it's about to starve.
    Mild weightlifting with low weight between 15-20 reps works best on all of your exercises
    Aerobic exercise 4X/week for 30 mins
    Cut Carbs out after 5pm so your body will use whatever carbs that you consumed as energy not store as fat or sugar.
    Those are the things I learned bodybuilding for years here in the Southwest
  18. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    pretty much what he said ^
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    dude you must poop alot... and i bet it smells worse than "like shit"! lol
    nice metabolism ur just like my dad.. eats alot of shit but when he goes poo, my room is next to the rr in the hall, it sounds like "pppllllffffttt" and stinks up the whole joint!!!