1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Detroit 2009: Toyota shows off 2010 Camry

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by Autoblog, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Offline

Autoblog Guest

Message Count:
    Detroit 2009: Toyota shows off 2010 Camry

[IMG]
    Click above for a high-res gallery of the 2010 Toyota Camry

In addition to the 2010 Toyota Prius and iQ-based FT-EV, ToMoCo is taking the wraps off the redesigned 2010 Camry at the Detroit Auto Show later today. Due to go on sale this March, the restyled Camry offers the same soul-sucking practicality and Maytag levels of usability as its forbearers, but features a few engineering and design tweaks to bring it into the next decade.

On the outside, the 2010 Camry receives a new front bumper with enlarged air intakes, uprated headlamps and a set of restyled taillights. The XLE model includes 16-inch, ten-spoke wheels, while the SE rolls on 17-inch hoops and the base LE makes due with wheel covers. Inside, a new optional stereo with USB port, Bluetooth, satellite radio, single CD and MP3 capability is fitted, and Vehicle Stability Control is now standard on all models. The Camry Hybrid gets a slightly reworked fascia, along with a new gauge cluster and silk protein/synthetic fiber cloth seats that Toyota claims are more gentle on the skin.

Under the hood of the base Camry, LE and XLE models is a refreshed, 169-hp 2.5-liter four equipped with VVT-i. The SE model uses the same engine, but comes packing another 21 hp and can be had with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic gearbox. Both the 268-hp, 3.5-liter V6 and the hybrid drivetrains soldier on unchanged.

Hit the jump for all the details and check the gallery below to see the tweaks for yourself.

Gallery: 2010 Toyota Camry

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Continue reading Detroit 2009: Toyota shows off 2010 Camry

Detroit 2009: Toyota shows off 2010 Camry originally appeared on Autoblog on Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:48:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    that grill design is hideous, not to mention it's now bigger than an avalon
  4. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    actually the refreshed Cam looks really nice with the OEM lip kit. They're much more aggresive then the older Cams.
  5. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i like the top isometric view
  6. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    2" drop with some BBS will make it ballin... Then again... any car in BBS is ballin... :D

EDIT:
    I really do like these camrys... IMO best body ever... I would have gone with a camry but then i wouldnt be able to track it...
  7. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Yeah. I love the newer Camrys, especially the SE.
  8. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:
    camry is decent..

Camry has near level's of a maytag jeez I hope not since Maytag suck's and I wouldn't ever buy a washer or dryer from them again. Maytag quality has been going down because of the content. It's Level of refinement is somewhat where Toyota has gotten to be lately too. If the current cost cutting edges into Toyota People will be forced to consire something else like Honda.Speaking of which Honda posted record sales wile Toyota looosed in this uncertain time. Toyota might need to think about thinking on a smaller grand scale.

Erik
  9. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I'm still waiting for the iQ to show up... where is it

toyota is trying to avoid killing the prius market at all costs.

who wants a $25K 50mpg hybrid when a $12K 50mpg small car will do just fine
  10. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I just want a small k car to swap something into. :D
  11. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    cappuccino ftw!