1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Debadging

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by 93geoprizm, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Offline

93geoprizm Active Member

Message Count:
    Debadging

I wanna debadge my 93 prizm, searched for it but didnt come up with much, anyone done a 7th gen debadging? not sure if its just adhesive or if its bolted on
  2. Offline

rolla996 Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    Its adhesive similar to cement. I am also curious, however, on how to remove it. I figure that if heat is applied to it (with a hair dryer) and then slowly pryed off with some sort of rubber tipped Flat head, it will come right off. Where do u find a rubber tipped Flat head though?
  3. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    they're all held on by a tape except for the center Toyota Logo emblem, that emblem has 2 pins so when you pull it off, you are left with 2 holes like what you see on hondas when kids steal their emblems.
  4. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    i didnt know there were holes behind the toyota logo ones, but heres how you debage the ones w/ adhesive on the back:

get the follower material:
    1. Goo Gone (its a chemical, can be found at dollar tree or something)
    2. Dental Floss or Fishing Lines
    3. Blowdryer

first you blowdry the the emblem, the purpose of this is to heat up the adhesive behind it so its easier to move...then trace your dental floss behind the emblem and kinda slice it off, it doesnt come off easy, so have patience and keep doing the same thing from all different angles of the emblem, use more blowdrying if needed.. DONT USE A HEATGUN!

once the emblem is gone, you should still see some dark leftovers of the adhesive...this is where you would want to use ur goo gone, so use it to wipe it off, it should be off pretty fast. if there are still marks on it, keep doing the same thing and it'll eventually come off...or you can just apply a clay bar to it.

once the surface is completely clean, you would want to wax that part, this is very important, dont ask why, u know why!
  5. Offline

rolla996 Guest

Message Count:
    Nooo my center one was stolen and its just completely smooth paint. Plus my car came with a spare of chrome emblems and i have looked at them, there are no pins on them. Just cementish glue.
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    mines has holes, so does my buddy's. We both have a 96
  7. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    toyota holds allt he rear emblems with tape.
  8. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
    the think theres only holes for 7 gens
  9. Offline

rolla996 Guest

Message Count:
    i guess they changed it for the 8th gen.
  10. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    hmm well my 8th gen doesnt have any holes. i didnt know if they changed it or not.
  11. Offline

93geoprizm Active Member

Message Count:
    well since i have a prizm, i have nothing in the center, just geo on one side and Lsi on the other