1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Damn, this car is fast.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altis 1, May 8, 2004.

1. Offline

Altis 1 Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    That some nice number's, but lets see who's last longer :wink:
  3. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    did i read it wrong or something
    stage 1 is only $399!!!??? :shock:
    thats cheap considering it improves the performance quite alot
  4. Offline

intel61 Guest

Message Count:
    the stage one is a cheap upgrade for abour 40 HP, but you have already thrown in 20+ grand in so its still a lot of money. i think a supercharged or turbo corolla might be able to hang with the srt4 and its costs a little bit less (15000+4000(supercharger)+1000(cai and other performance parts)) and u get a toyota
  5. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    i love the rolla and all, but i'd trade it in for an srt-4 any day of the week.
  6. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:

ummmm no way will a supercharged corolla EVEN GET CLOSE TO BEATING A STOCK SRT4... I MEAN NOT EVEN CLOSE>>. that car is made for one purpose and thats SPEED. Car And Driver even did a comparison of the SRT4 to the EVO and STI... the 0-60 on the SRT4 is tested at a amzing 5.5 secs.. NO WAY YOU ARE GETTING THE COROLLA TO DO THAT with a surpercharger
  7. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:
    DITTO.. even though i hate american cars..
  8. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:
    oh yeah i believe that car is also the most under rated car in terms of HP.. I remember reading the analysis on that car on how it really is around 240 HP or something like that.. the reviewer on car and driver didnt know why dodge underrated its HP by so much...

but then YEAH again it is a dodge. and our cars will LAST LONGER.. but i dont intend to driver my corolla for 10 years! heh .
  9. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    A chrysler with a turbo guys... think about that one. i mean chrysler by them selved only last 30,000 miles before they need timing belt head gaskets and new trannies. imagine how much that timing belt goin is gonna cost ya... lol i will never own a chrysler i dont care how much HP it has.
  10. Offline

MPLexus301 Guest

Message Count:
    If Toyota took the 4 cyl from the Camry, Highlander, Rav4, tC, ect (2JZ-FE?) and put it in the Corolla with headers, a turbo, an exhaust, a CAI, and then removed some of the steel and replaced it with Aluminum...I bet you'd have a car that really could run with the SRT-4. That 4cyl is an extremely versatile engine; If I'm not wrong they sold a special edition Camry in Japan that had the turbo 4, plus a few other upgrades and was putting 280HP to the WHEELS. I'll see if I can dig up the link...
  11. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    the 2jz-ge is the inline 6 motor found in the supra and the is300, and sc300 dont know if there is a 2jz-fe
  12. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    Also the srt4 motor isnt totally garbage just because its dodge, I have yet to hear or read about one blowing up or breaking anything important. The srt4 is awesome for its price, just a bit over 20k and u can kill EVOs, STIs, S2Ks, SVTs, even the Viper!! The only complaint I have is the power windows are only available up front. Also the mirrors arent even color matched theyre still black plastic :lol:

But yes ive also thought about trading my car in for an SRT4 xcept insurance is EXPENSIVE for that beast. Also I told my self I would only stick with toyota or imports only 8)
  13. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, SRT-4 is a nice upgrade for an american car. For the price, it's pretty good. To me, that's the only reason why I would even consider purchasing that performance vehicle.

Despite all the specs on this type of vehicle, I would never opt to get the SRT-4. I believe it will come in last going up against the EVO 8 and STi. Those two cars are just too damn fast.
  14. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    if you buy the srt4 for 20 grand, and put the other 10 grand that you'd spend on an evo or sti under the hood of the srt4, it will not be in last
  15. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, by the time you add all the racing accessories, and stage 3 performance in the STR-4, you'll come within accepatable tolerance of STi's performance. You'll probably end up paying the same to get the kind of power out of the STi. The Evo is way overpriced. Isn't Dodge suppose to be unreliable? I hear constant problems with their electrical, cooling, and mechanical breakdowns.
  16. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    so is this now the dodge SRT-4 page or what??????? yes its fast buts its no toyota in quality
  17. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    lol no, its the srt4 thread. but yeah, dodge is pwnt by toyota's quality
  18. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:
    heh i think chrysler was the first autmobile company to turbocharge a engine though .. dont quote me on that but i am pretty sure i read that somewhere
  19. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    There's already someone who blew their SRT-4 engine. He was making more than 500+HP on stock internals. I think he only spent $5,000 to reach that. Here's the vid:

http://www.srvidz.com/VIDZ/COMPS/SRT4blow.wmv

Right-click and save as. Only way it'll play.
  20. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    No way it beats a viper but it comes close to an older viper. no where near the new ones. my uncle just got a white srt-10 viper and it is really fast sub 5 sec 0-60 with a bad launch. but the srt-4 does rock beats a mustang gt easly.
  21. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    I now have 6 friends who own srt4s Silver, Silver, Blue, Black, Red, and Yellow at night they all combine to form the Voltron Force :lol:
    That fool with 500hp on stock internals deserves his motor blown, the only other problem ive seen is my friends weather stripping around the windshield came off :lol:
  22. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    I don't know guys but I heard that the car is breaking driveshafts so watch out.
  23. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Dam* Dodge. Why is there so many problems with their cars? Crappy engineers? Cheap cost? Cheap labor?
  24. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i know... i'd love to have an srt-4 if i didn't have to worry about it falling apart while i'm driving :?
  25. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    I dont even like EVO's but they would spank an SRT 4 and so would an STI. SRT 4 has FWD and FWD + High Horse power = CRAP. A modified STI or even WRX owns all. Subarus AWD system cant be beat... Plus they got fuckin boxer engines which own inline 4's too, gota love the boxer growl. either way you look at it, subaru owns all...
  26. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I can't help thinking how cheaply priced the SRT-4 is. Man that car is really affordable. $20,000? That's average car price. I know I said before that I wouldn't consider a Dodge, but after reading so many reviews from websites and actually test drive an 04 SRT-4, it blew my mind!!!!! The new limited slip differential really help to lay down more power.

The 04's got larger fuel injectors and a recalibrated engine computer. The '03 injectors didn't pump enough fuel, and at high rpm the engine computer reduced turbo boost to prevent harmful lean air-fuel ratio. 0-60 time shaved to 5.3 seconds. Not bad for a $20,000 car, don't you think? Suspension and handlings been improved big time.

I feel for newcomers, they got to get this car. For the price most of us are paying + mods, the SRT-4 is most definitely one of the top "pocket rocket" around. STi is defintely better, but you pay how much? $36,000 + ?
  27. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    It's still a neon. :p
  28. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, but the good part is that we won't be paying an arm and leg for performance (it's already got it for $20,000 right off the lot)!!

There are few cars that can keep up with the Neon SRT-4 besides the usual cars. I don't think the Audi or the Matrix XRS can keep up. I'm sure in certain events they perform better, but overall, SRT-4 should grab the top spot.

I know on my current salary, I will never be able to afford the near $40,000 STi or the $30,000 Evo unless I can make $500 + monthly payments.
  29. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    they fixed that by adding a LSD. :eek:

1962 The Oldsmobile Jetfire Turbo Rocket is the first production passenger car to use a turbocharger.
  30. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, for the new 2004 model SRT-4 they figured out the problem by adding the LSD. THat's what was missing in the 2003 version of the SRT-4 and was a major setback.