1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

CV shaft problems

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by CorollaGT, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    CV shaft problems

So i had a tear in my cv boot so i finally decided to change it cuz it was about time. i saw this video on youtube and decided to try and do it my self:

this is the video i used;

beware this shit DOES NOT work...

i ended up pulling the bearing with the cv shaft out of the case that is attached to the transmission.. after that headache i went online and read on a lot of sites about a tool i could use but after a while of using a pry bar and a hammer i gave up cuz it just wasnt happening. i took it to a shop that took the case out for 25 bucks and now after all that shit i ended up with a new cv shaft that is making weird sounds and the connection point to the tranny.. a friend that told me it might be a bearing that is in the tranny.. im thinking it might be this cuz i tried really hard to pull the bearing out of the transmission, but in the end im just not sure.

what are your guys 2 cents??

oh and i seemed to have fucked up my rotor on that side. was it because i drove my car without a cv shaft in that side? thats what the shop told me
  2. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    will anyone help???
  3. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    no idea...didn't you see the comments for that video though before going through it?
  4. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    yeahhh.. i guess i cant really say much but "i stepped in it" lol im just wondering if i can get a lill help cuz im pretty bummed out about it..
  5. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    and you wanted to change my axle? :Nono:
  6. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    I dunno but mine came off pretty quick when the boot was broken, almost exactly in the video.... my rubber boot was completely broken off though...
  7. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    :( the video made it look easy