1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Crash!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by falnfenix, May 8, 2004.

1. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    damn girl...sorry to hear about that.

hey, look at it this way...your car hasnt' been hit anywhere near as often as Derrick's car.
  2. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    whoa, that gotta suck ass. well hope you get everything straigthen out.
  3. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    That sucks, but....

I bought my 2000 corolla last year, certified used from toyota, so it was pristine. ONE WEEK after I bought it, some 18 yr old kid runs a red light and totalled my car, the entire front end had to be replaced. It was about $3000 damage, didn't even have plates yet. Car is better now, only took about 1.5 wks to repair. Good as new, until gramps backed into my parked car at the mall a month later.

[IMG]
  4. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    hey at least ure not paying for the repairs right? im assuming?
  5. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:
    Crash!!!!!!

Sad part is, I wasn't even in the car when it happened :(

:*(

Here's the story..

I was at Mr. Tire located about a mile from my house getting an oil change. They told me to just drop the car off because it would be a few hours before they got to it. So I did. I came back around 6pm that evening and my car isn't outside... (warning sign #1) then I walk in and there's about 6 employees standing around with their heads down... (warning sign #2) and then I was like, "Ok well, where's the car?"

Turns out one of their new employee (who is only 18 years old and has got MAIF (Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund) of all things...lol) backed into my car as he was leaving work to go home. And of all cars that hit me, it had to be a CIVIC!! :( He probably meant to do it... lol

Anyway, I got the estimate this morning and it will cost $1180.00 to fix everything that's wrong.

I'm saddened.. even though it's fairly minor damage... it still pisses me off..
  6. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Bah, I know how it feels. Although a different scenario.
  7. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    that sucks, sorry. How long will your car be in the shop?
  8. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    sorry to hear that happend, and fallen is right about derrick
  9. Offline

Myamaguchi1 Guest

Message Count:
    dam corolla haters!! Try to get a better emstimate go to at least 3 shops or toyota dealerships so u can make some money out of this for more parts for ur car.
  10. Offline

93rollaracer Guest

Message Count:
    i know the feeling...got hit by some lady going about 30-35 when i was waiting to turn onto my street. sucks balls but its great when you see the fixed car for the first time...just like you got it new again
  11. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    rollas have just been talking a beating this month
  12. Offline

xACorollaS-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    My first crash wasn't even in rolla but it still was a vvti :)
    My first car was a 1991 Paseo. Such a fun car until some old lady ran a stop sign and hit me. But now i have my rolla.
  13. Offline

97dx Guest

Message Count:
    people are trying to kill corollas because we save so much gas :D :D :D
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    lol i think in a way id have to agree lol
  15. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:
    ***UPDATE***

So, to make matters worse.... the next day, my oil cap pops off and my engine starts smoking... I'm like wtf?!?! My car is a 1998 with only 51,000 miles on it, I just got the oil changed... the engine light wasn't on.. the car didn't say it was overheating so what the hell is going on??

Well... first off, turns out the cap was never put back on tightly so as the engine vibrated it, it slowly came off. Oil is ALL over my engine, the hood, the firewall... EVERYTHING.

And to top it all off, Mr. Tire failed to tell me that they ONLY use 10W30. My car takes 5W30.

I have NEVER had SO much trouble with 1 company in my entire life.

-----------------------------------

That night I went to Hammerjack's located in Baltimore and to top everything off (like enough stuff hasn't happened), ALL of the employees that I b*tched at were there! :(

This has been a bad weekend......
  16. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    our cars work fine on 10w30, thats what i use when i change my oil never had a problem, still sounds like a bunch of smibs work at that mr. tire
  17. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:
    Well, the only issue I had with the 10W30 was the fact that it gave my intake such a low pitched noise. It sounded like s*it. But then when we drained the oil out and put 5W30 back into it, it sounded normal again... I don't know. All I'm gonna say is Mr. Tire will NEVER have my business EVER again....
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    thats why i do everything myself
  19. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    holy shit, sorry to hear that man
  20. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    mike mizrolla is female lol

yeah 10w30 is a thinker oil, so it may have reacted to the crank a little differant
  21. Offline

ImpressiveIdeas Guest

Message Count:
    It depends on what the season is and what modifications you have done. I am actually running synthetic blend.
  22. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    wow ... so many problem in one shop..was it your first time in that shop? are u a regular customer?
  23. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    That sounds like an almost average day at the shop for me. No matter where I go we have to take it back w/in the next 2 days b/c something is broken or deosn't work or what they said they would fix they didn't. The car is still in the shop right now waiting on the insurance adjuter to come out and verify that they'll give us the rest of the money for the $4100 repairs. Going on the 4th week w/o it. I hope all of your shop visits don't become so exhausting after this one MizRolla!
  24. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    ironic.. wife just got in an accident this morning. She was waiting to turn right, and a tacoma behind her slipped off the clutch and hit her real good (rear door won't open on her rav4). He admitted his fault and felt stupid, but you can imagine what popping the clutch on a V-6 is like.. He had one of those deer ramming tubular bumpers too, so that probably didn't help. So now she has to go through the hassle of getting his insurance to estimate, then take it to the body shop we always go to, get rental car, etc. etc.
  25. Offline

PSyChO cHilD Guest

Message Count:
    So sorry to hear about all of your misfortunes Ashley! As for the oil, you should use a full synthetic 5w-30 and your engine will purrrr like a kitten. That's what i'm using and it's wonderful. Hope everything is going well for ya besides the car. Call me some time and we can hang out!
  26. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    i'm pretty sure no paseo's ever came with vvti
  27. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:

It was my first time...lol
  28. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:

your car was totaled with $3000 damege?????