1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Corolla, Sentra, or Integra?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JDLangevin, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    Forget about the Teg, since one of your requirments is cheap insurance.

Both the Sentra and Corolla have engine swap choices for down the road, but the Sentra has more power in stock form and has a SR20 as a swap option.

But, this is a Corolla site, isn't it? So... BUY A COROLLA!!! :)

Seriously, you need to test drive each and decide which you like better. The sentra is cheaper and has more power but the corolla will be more refined and reliable, and better mileage.

Or, (getting off the serious note), you can fix up the Tercel and swap a 4EFTE in!!! YEAH BABY!!!
  2. Offline

91DX Guest

Message Count:
    i'd do sentra as it has more aftermarket support in either forced induction or naturally asipirated.
  3. Offline

mattr Guest

Message Count:
    Corolla, Sentra, or Integra?

Hey guys. I've kinda been looking at some cars to replace my slowly-dying 94 tercel. I'm a 20 year old full time college student. I would want a small car, reliable, decent gas mileage, and decent insurance rates. Preferably under 60k miles or so, 5 speed, cruise control, sunroof.

2000-2001 sentra SE (SR20DE) (2.0L, 145hp, 2674lbs, 24/31mpg)
    1998-2001 integra LS/GS 4 door (1.8L, 140hp, 2700 lbs, 25/31mpg)
    2001-2002 corolla LE (1.8L, 125hp, 2450 lbs, 31/38mpg)

these are all pretty reliable, good-looking, last a while, and arent as common as a civic. And theyre all a big step up from my rusting 82hp tercel. what do you guys think? any other options? (besides a civic, obviously) thanks
  4. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Lose the Sentra. As for the Integra vs Corolla, I would take the Corolla since it has VVTi in it and those two Integra models do not have V-TEC in them. If it were an Integra GS-R then it would be hands down over the Corolla.
  5. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    You will save a lot on insurance and gas if you get a corolla. :)
  6. Offline

JDLangevin Guest

Message Count:
    I didn't realise that the SR20 was in any USDM car, but either way I was referring to the SR20DET :D

And besides, everyone knows that the 3SGTE is the best 4-cylinder in the world, I mean, COMON!!! :D

I forgot about 4-door Tegs, normally I think of them as 2-doors which = insurance $$$$ ching ching ching
  7. Offline

mattr Guest

Message Count:
    hey JDL, i actually posted this same thing in a corolla forum, an integra forum, a sentra forum, and the tercel forum, jsut to see how biased the responses are, haha. And the 4E-FTE, wow, i remember when i used to post regularly on the tercelonline forum, and that was what everyone always dreamed of doing.

--i'm not really looking to do an engine swap or anything major for mods down the road. the SR20 comes in the sentra SE, and it has been around for a looong time and is a very proven and reliable engine with a ton of potential, ive heard it called the best 4-cyl engine ever.
    --Integras do tend to run about 2-3k$ more, and are one of the most stolen cars annually, leading to the high insurance. Usually i'm not a big honda fan, but theres like a white 4 door integra thats parked outside my apt that just looks sooooo nice...
    --And the corolla, well, the reputation for reliability is there, but it just seems kinda bland and common. And a bunch of the luxuries that come standard on the sentra and teg, (sunroof, AC, power stuff) are all options on even the corolla LE, meaning it would be harder to find one with the options.

thanks for the input guys, keep it coming
  8. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Why not go for one of the first generation SE-Rs? From 91-94?
  9. Offline

mattr Guest

Message Count:
    the 91-94 SER's are really quick, but i want something newer and less miles than my 94 tercel, something rust-free and with newer styling. The 91-94 sentras were still boxy-styled, whereas the 91-94 tercels were rounded and newer looking.
  10. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    four door integra they do have the GS-R version. using B18 engine. 170hp. not a bad car since my ex drive one. yeah its onli manual transmission but hey its more fun dat way. and u know B18 have alot of modification here and there.make that sedan a SLEEPER.
  11. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    it depends what u want... teggy GS straight line speed is slow but corner capabilites is good, while 01 corolla's straight line speed is good and cornering not so good... both cars hav pretty good reliability, but corolla hav cheaper insurance and better fuel milage than a teggy... corolla hav a quieter interior than a teggy... i would take the corolla unless it is a GS-R teggy...
  12. Offline

KC Rolla XRS New Member

Message Count:
    My answer as always, XRS!