1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

clutch shudder, HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bennyboi9, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Offline

bennyboi9 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    clutch shudder, HELP!

Okay so im new to this forum however already found it to be awesomely helpful, i hope im not bombarding this forum with dumb questions. however,

My AE92 CS toyota corolla 1990 has terrible clutch shudder when it is cold. any ideas on how to fix it?

When the shocks were getting replaced the mechanic said he noticed it, which made me happy because i thought i just didnt know how to control my clutch. He didnt really say much about it, just said i had some bad clutch shudder.

any ideas would be great!
    Cheers
  2. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    did you recently change clutch?if you did something inside the tranny might be lose like a bolt or your clutch is gone and everything is shredding slowly.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    uhh i havent had anything changed with it while ive owned it. and ive had it since january. the last person to own it was a little old policewoman who was an obvious smoker due to the yellow material above the drivers seat haha.
    its a smooth clutch once it gets warmed up. any ideas on what i should do? preferably a cheap option lol
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    come on guys, i need heeelllpp!!
  5. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    Had that same problem in the Tercel. When the car was cold the clutch would hop really bad when starting out in first gear. A few weeks later BAM clutch slipping like a bitch. Now after replacing the clutch it doesnt do it nearly as bad. Im assuming my flywheel is a little warped.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    I've read that even small things such as cracks in air hoses may cause exactly what your describing, which is exactyl what im going through. ill replace them and maybe it wont be as bad. im sick of having to ease of the clutch so, so slowly.