1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Clear Corners

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by cool_beans00, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Clear Corners

Street Legal? That's the only thing holding me back... well that and my laziness haha
  2. Offline

downey180 Guest

Message Count:
  3. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    in some states its only illegal if your bulbs aren't yellow or amber. the stock bulbs are amber, so yes, its legal
  4. Offline

fktran Guest

Message Count:
    a cop rolled by me when i was doing it....he showed me his little pamphlet of vehicle stuff and pointed out that any alterations to the original unti is illegal. He was nice about it though, just told me that he might roll back around later and would give me a ticket if he saw me there lolz ahahah.
  5. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    Any cop that sees you driving down the street will have no idea that you altered your headlight, though. With the corner out, it looks just like the stock lancer lights. I think as long as you have yellow or amber turn signals, you'll be fine.
  6. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    i changed the bulb out and took it to the DMV here in Cali, and they said as longs as the turn signal bulbs produce a white light ur fine

These are the bulbs
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    Uhh... you live in California, like me. This mod is illegal if the bulb does not LIGHT UP white or amber. Someone said that if your bulb is amber it's okay. Actually, it doesn't matter what color the bulb is so long as the light that it produces is either white or yellow. Additionally, removing the amber reflector from the headlight housing alone is illegal IF you do not place another reflector of some sort on that side of the car. The reflector must be either white or amber again. If you ever get a fix-it ticket, go get those PepBoy stick on reflectors and just put it along the side of the bumper or something, then take it off right after you get it signed off on.
  8. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    those bulbs I just posted does produce a white light, as for the reflectore I did not worry about its been a year now and no cops havent harassed me about it
  9. Offline

cool_beans00 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah I'm in California. it sounds all good! Imma clear corner my car asap. thanks!
  10. Offline

CorollaX Guest

Message Count:
    dont be a pussy, everybody clears theair corner, they dont get harassed, i see integras do it all the time, and the accords and civics too!
  11. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    dont integras and civics have a seperate orange reflector on the bumper of the car thou? Legaly you need to have reflectors on sides of you car in the front and back. It dosnt matter what color the corner of your head light is, you just need a reflector somewhere on the front of your car. Many cars come with 'clear corners' but thats only because they have an orange reflector seperate from the head lamp assembly, like mounted on there bumper or fender. for expamle look at the lancer, old wrx's, or the new protege 5's, they all have 'clear corners' but they have an orange reflector somewhere in the front corner of there car.