1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

cleaning seats

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Darkness, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Offline

Darkness Guest

Message Count:
    cleaning seats

what is good to clean my seats with? I have a little soda stain on my seat cause my friend spilled his damn mc donalds cup in my car. any suggestions?
  2. Offline

infamousrolla Guest

Message Count:
    yeah... i needa clean my seats too... they's dirty they is!

also... if i painted them with fabric paint... would it be cools? and if so... what paint?
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i know that oxiclean stuff works rather well, despite the influx of infomercials about it.

word to the wise: don't let friends drink in your car. i invested in a sippy cup for my car...so nobody has an excuse about spills.
  4. Offline

Fox New Member

Message Count:
    don't paint them with fabric paint... i repeat DONT paint them with fabric paint... they become stiff as hell... the fabric gets all rough and itchy and .. and... it just isnt right....

try to get some nice covers or have some made...
  5. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    I have 2001 rolla and I have cleaned the carpet and seats twice. The best thing to do is to get one of those wet/dry vacs... Buy some carpet cleaner and put it in a spray bottle, spray the solution onto your seats.. give them a little scrub then use the vac to suck up all the liquid... it may take an hour or 2, but trust me you will like it!!

You may not want to pay 60 to 100 for the vac, but it's really useful....
  6. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Use BLUE CORAL spot remover, about $5 at Pepboys, this will take out ANYTHING and is not harsh to the fabric. You will come back and thank me later.