1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

churping 3rd gear stock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StickyHydro318, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
    churping 3rd gear stock

i got 15k on the clock and im all stock and i can churp 3rd gear everytime.Am i just a awsome driver or can everone elese do it also?
  2. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    you must have shitty tires
  3. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    chirping as in normal redline shifting, or chirping as in shifting and then reving to redline before re dunping the clutch?

most rollas have a hard enough time chirping 2nd with anything other than the stock tires. third? regularly?

consider the BS flag thrown. :D

tell you what, im in spring hill every thursday afternoon. show me.
  4. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    churping second is pretty easy. I do it on high performance all season tires on my 17s. Just get goin in first maybe like 20 mph, then put the clutch in, stick it in second, rev it up to 6k, and drop the clutch. its actually kinda cool when you do it under a bridge cuz then you hear it real loud and it echos! Thats about the only time I ever do it.
  5. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
    ok give me a call tomorrow,686-0600 u no the area code ask for jay
  6. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, if this is what you guys are calling churping tires, i can see why you are doing it so easily. your not churping your tires, your just peeling out from a roling start :)

A tire churp happins from a fast precice shift (usuially at, or near the redline). there is enough energy stored in the engines flywheel to bark the tires if you get the gears changed and the clutch back out fast enough. I maintain there is simply not enough motor there to get this done in third in out corollas. I could do it OCCASIONALLY in my 427 SS Nova, and then it was probaly due to an especially slick patch of road.

Jay, ill call you today, and maby we can have a mini meet this or next thursday. 3rd gear chirp of not, its always fun to put faces to the posts :)
  7. Offline

jfideler Guest

Message Count:
    1 time since I had my Corolla when I was really pissed off about something I was able to get my Yoko Parada's to chirp going into 3rd gear. Unsure what I was mad about but I was driving mean and I went from 2nd to third and chirped em. Mind you it was 90 degrees outside. Every once and I while I can get a second gear chirp but never a third gear. :?
  8. Offline

Benscor Guest

Message Count:

Nothing easier than 2nd gear "Bark"(churp) in 3rd only shifting in curves.
  9. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
    no offence but you guys must be some crappy drivers or maybe i got a freak corola or something,no 1 belives i can churp 3rd gear online or any of my race stories,so you can be my whitness,when we met ill race my boys 95 lude 5 spd special edition with intake and stage 2 clutch and ill beat him and you can see it.btw i been racing since i was 16 almost everday.hes a good driver also call me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    It is possible to chirp 3rd if you don't sync the engine speed properly. It's pretty bad for the transmission and it slows you down, but with practice you'll learn how to sync the engine and avoid it.
  11. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    yet he calls us the "crappy" drivers
  12. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:

lol. I agree with you on that point. I dont appreciate people dissing me when they have no idea of the truth. If your going to diss. have something to back you up.
  13. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    your not in a movie :roll:
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
  15. Offline

cuz22 Guest

Message Count:
    yeah , me i've been tackeling akina's downhill since i'm in 7 grade !
  16. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    yes cause we all know "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
  17. Offline

ConwayJim Guest

Message Count:
  18. Offline

oddfish Guest

Message Count:
    I chirped the tires on my tricycle, that makes you all my bitches :wink:
  19. Offline

Bolt Guest

Message Count:
    Did anyone see blk03rolla's spedo vid? Doesn't he chirp his tires in first and second or is that not the same thing?
  20. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    his car is supercharged
  21. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
    to get the most speed out of our stock corolla you gotta rev them and rev them,shift just before u hit the rev limiter,when i do that i always churp 2nd and 3rd,u gotta rev it,your nothing going to hurt anything,its s toytota,and same egine as in the celica with has a 7200 rev limiter,churping 3rd doesnt slow you down,if you can churp 3rd in our cars your a good driver,,,call me
  22. Offline

outersquare Guest

Message Count:
    Re: churping 3rd gear stock

Well, my car is basically all stock on the powertrain and it is an auto. I don't chirp anywhere, but I can probably run about the same times as you. :wink:
  23. Offline

oddfish Guest

Message Count:
    Can someone please explain how bad traction equates to good driving???
  24. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    i was able to chirp 3rd gear in my old truck but that was with 300 hp 350 tq.. unless you have some special way of driving. i bet i could chirp 3rd gear in a corolla but not during normal driving. i would dump the clutch for first let it spin a while then quickly shift to 2nd and dump it again and finially the same for 3rd but you have to be very quick and you will look mighty stupid trying to do that its possible as i done it in my stock cavalier before to show someone how to chirp third gear but if you are taking it up to speed in the first two gears and are bone stock no way you can chirp 3rd gear unless the ground is wet or you got no traction left in the stock goodyears or firestones. if you want to shut us up post a vid and i will go away. but if you had a supercharger thats different. i could spin my tires all day with my auto and supercharger and it chirped 2nd in my auto. and i had some great tires. no stock goodyear or firestone crap.
  25. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:

you're right, it won't do much damage to the engine...........but you're kicking your transmissions ass. chirping 3rd would slow you down, because if you're chirping you're losing traction. I still don't understand how damaging your car makes you a good driver though. If i drive my car into a building can i be a good driver too?
  26. Offline

oddfish Guest

Message Count:
    I think thats called "drifting" :roll:
  27. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    Believe it or not, I have chirped 3rd gear ONCE on stock tires. Never again now that I'm running on Yokohama's. I'm not sure what kind of road I was on, but I remember the 3rd gear chirp very distinctly because it had never happened before in the ENTIRE year that I was running on stock tires. The 2nd gear chirp with stock tires is really not difficult. Though I can't hit it every time, I can get a perfect shift quite often. The 3rd gear chirp was one of those miraculous, one-time occurrences. No matter how hard I tried for the next 6 months that I had my stock tires, I could not get it to chirp in 3rd. I even tried letting up more clutch once in 3rd gear to try to get the engine braking to cause a brief slow down just before mashing the accelerator to try to create the "illusion" of a chirp that way, but to no avail.
  28. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    me too i chirped in 3rd. and it never happened again. david k is right about it being a one-time thing.