1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

CE Powe Locks

Discussion in 'Interior' started by bmw000, May 26, 2003.

1. Offline

bmw000 Guest

Message Count:
    CE Powe Locks

Hi everyone. I am new here! I love my 2003 corolla. Mine is the CE version.

I would like to add power locks to my car. A friend of mine is trying to tell me the wiring is there already. Is that true? If not, what do I need as a complete set to get this done and also what kind of price tag am I looking at?

Thanks In Advance.

2003 Indigo Ink Pearl CE Corolla

Current Mods:
    Sylvania Silverstar Lights
    New CD Player
    Cargo Net

Future Mods:
    Tinted Windows
    Power Locks
    Spoiler
    Alteeza rear lights
    Cold Air Intake Mod
    Strut Bar
    White Face Gauges
    Fog Lights
    New Rims
    M3 Style Mirrors
  2. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    The wiring may be there, but the motors deff are not. Plus the switches will be to be bought, I think you are looking at about $2,000 for all the parts through the toyota dealer. If you go aftermarket (which I dont recomend) you can get the kit for about $500 - $1000. But then you will need to drill all your own holes for the switches and all the wiring that may be in the car already will nto fit, so you will need to cut it all up to put new harnesses on it. If you wanted power locks you should have got them from the dealer to start with.
  3. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    $300 at the dealer
  4. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    that cheap?? are you sure we are noth talking about Toyota? My DRL relay was more than $300 and that was just one part. You mean that they can get all the switches, relays, and remotes to install a full functioning power lock system for $300?? Or is that just for one remote?