1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Cd player/AM;FM Radio

Discussion in 'Interior' started by nomes, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    Cd player/AM;FM Radio

I was just wondering if anyone has tried removing the face-plate for the Cd player/AM,FM Radio (stock). I want to change the 'green' lights to red'. I was thinking maybe the best way to do that would be to remove the face plate and change the bulbs.

Anyone knows how to remove the face-plate or have a better idea for changing the green lights please let me know.

thanx.
  2. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    The lights for the face plate are LEDs soldered to a circuit board... it wouldn't be easy. You're much better off getting a new headunit that matches what you want.
  3. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    I have an idea that might work.

Could you please post instructions of how I can open that up.
  4. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Well to get the faceplate out... you could just pull out the vents on either side of the face, then use those holes to pull out the trim around it (the faceplate is a part of that trim). All the faceplate is, is a thin circuit board... the actual radio lies behind it.

Removing the eintire radio would require a different procedure... but that should be all the more needed for face removal.
  5. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    I am having trouble removing the vents. Any instructions as to how to remove 'em?

Thanx
  6. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    oh by the way...by 'vents' I mean the trim piece around the Cd player.
  7. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I think ur are suppose to pop them from tha back
  8. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Try reaching around behind from inside the glove box... they should help get one side started.
  9. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    I took out the center console and I tried to pull the cd player out from underneath. That doesnt seem to be working or maybe I am pulling at the wrong spots.

I will try the glove box idea.

What if I want to pull out the entire cd player? Is that hard to do? What do I have to do to get that out?

Thanx :)
  10. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count: