1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Carbon Fiber/Metallic dash kits

Discussion in 'Interior' started by bucrolla, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Offline

bucrolla Guest

Message Count:
    Carbon Fiber/Metallic dash kits

I have seen the carbon fiber and metallic dash kits for sale a lot of places, but the fact that they use tape to stay put kind of sounds cheap. Anyone have any opinion either way on these and do you think they are good for the $?

Thanks,
    BucRolla
  2. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    You might wanna ask Zero cuz he has tha dash kit and i believe he used tha 3m tape to put on the pieces. It looks pretty good.
  3. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    That tape is really strong. And you can't get any dash kits that attach any other way. I guess the only other option would be kits that replace the dash pieces instead of just covering them up... but that would be VERY expensive. Another alternative would be to just paint the dash pieces instead of getting a kit... no worries about tape failing that way.
  4. Offline

bucrolla Guest

Message Count:
    Dash Kit

I figured tape was the only cheap way, but it would be nice to be able to replace the actual pieces. I don't mind using the taped on kits as long as they look good, stay in place, and are ez to clean.
  5. Offline

i got TYPE-S Guest

Message Count:
    the dash kit (carbon fiber) runs between $200-300 it might be cheaper. i have carbon fiber on my dash and side panels, its not just tape, its more of a tough sticky sticker, but it holds and i dont have problems with it, when i get some pic's of my car il be able to show you =)
  6. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    Hello everyone

here is a kit that is selling on ebay... am posting this here so u guys can have a look at the pics
    :)
  7. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
  8. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Man I wanna get tha kit but my interior color sucks :evil: Damn Tan color :x
  9. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    I feel yah on that... my Prizm's interior is beige and brown.. but I'm gonna try to paint it all black.
  10. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    i might paint my interior all black or go with tha blue and black scheme
  11. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    sup people...yeah i have the brushed aluminum dash kit and i happened to buy it from the same seller that snuggles posted on that link(goodtrim, i left feedback like mid november...my name on ebay is airsimba23!) its a cool interior mod and its really easy to install...the kit was like 22 pieces...i only ended up using like 12 pieces...some were just overkill to me and looked plain tacky..here are some pics
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    I want the aluminum trim. would it look right on a dash board that is half DARK gray and half LIGHT gray? I really wish i had bugged my mom to get me an S now. I like the S interior so much better than an Le. :evil: I hate the WOODGRAIN trim i have so much!!! :evil: It's easy to clean, but ugly as heck.

Zero-- like your lil cat, my car is full of stuffed cows and other bobbing head things.

to whoever has an S, doesn't that shiny, shiny plate at the shift thing (no idea what the real name is called, but it's that thing that lets you go from P to R to N to D) bothers you?? Like my dealer let me borrow a Corolla S, while my Le was coming in from somewhere (i had to order mine, b/c they were out of stock) and like that shiny part on the shifting thing bothered my eyes all the time. Like it shines on my eyes and like i have to put on sunglasses when i drove around.
  13. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    SSJ- maybe you should get the woodgrain trin=m :D , the woodgrain is brown and your interior is tan, maybe you can make it work!!

Zero-- i just realized that your ebay name is Airsimba23??? :?
  14. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Woodgrain is for older people, maybe when im 60 and cant tell tha difference in interior color anymore i will get it lol hahaha :lol:
  15. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    :x Are you making fun of me now??? It's not my chose of interior for the woodgrain thing. :x People say that picking the woodgrain thing makes you seem like you have class, so everytime i look at it, i tell myself that to make myself feel better, but it doesn't work, b/c it makes me think i am stuck up, b/c mostly people with class are stuck up. :( when i got it, i was actually thinking about breaking if off and telling the toyota people to get me some gray ones, but then if my mom knew about that, no more car for me. :cry:

By the time you are 60, i doubt that the interior matters anymore. :| I think when i am 60, i would get a really fast sports car and drive it really slow to piss people off and make young ones jealous. But i doubt i could do that, i would piss me off b/c i know it's so wrong, but it'll be funny to see the kids' face though. :D
  16. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    No I wasnt making fun of you......and i am sorry :oops: but woodgrain is something that I just dont like really :x

If I get a fast car its gonna be a skyline twin turbo... tha R34 when im like 50 hehe :D
  17. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    I was just kidding. :( don't take me seriously. I really do hate the woodgrain though. Thats the only thing i hate about my car. somebody told me that the peice of wood in the woodgrain is very very very very thin, like a peice of paper.

Do you seriously think that they are gonna still make those cars by the time you are 50?? I figure by the time i retire, those air hoover craft looking cars (like the ones from the JETSONS, the cartoon) are gonna come out, so that's what i'm gonna be cruising in. Or maybe i would get a car that's completely wood, like the interior and the exterior. That would be nice :D
  18. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I will get a Skyline R34 hovercraft :p
  19. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    lol yeah, do u have a problem with that? lol j/k :D
    its a really really really old sn...i wish i could change it...but i don't wanna lose my feedback :? oh and that cat on my dashboard is not a cat, its a fox :wink: hey snuggles ur really good at making threads go off topic! hahaha just messin w/ ya! :wink:

chibi kitsune
    [IMG]
  20. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    hehe......chibi kitsune

little kitsune :D
  21. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    :oops: sorrie, i realize that i get off topic alot too. I dunno why, it's happens in just about everyone of this threads that i write in. But i do talk about the TOPIC. I really do, then somethings takes my mind away. :? so does anybody know what can i do to get rid of the WOODGRAIN trim?? Any suggestions????

That animal looks like a car. You show dye his fur orange to make it match your cartoon fox. Did you put that Fox up there or did somebody else?? Not much guys put stuff animals in thier cars. . .

who makes the Skyline R34???
  22. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    HEY! whats that supposed to mean! lol j/k
    no, seriously my sister gave it to me...i thought it would be appropriate w/ the zero the fox thing i got going on the boards so i left it there 8)

and to answer ur other question...Nissan made the Skyline R34 GT-R...i take it u have never seen one so here is a pic:

[IMG]

its kinda ugly IMHO but i would get one just becuz its so powerful :twisted:
  23. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:

Sure, uh huh. . . .

Yeah it is ugly. It looks like a really old model car, like a car back in the 1980's or something. I like the new Nissan sports car. I dunno if you have seen it or not, but its pretty good, I only saw it when i drive by the Nissan dealership place, so i probably didn't get a whole 360 degrees look at it. but it looks good from afar. I also like the new Nissan SUV. I saw an orange one and i was like this --> :shock: . It was so cute. . .
  24. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    I'm sorry, but the murano is fugly
    [IMG]

the only decent nissan right now IMHO is the 350Z :drools:
    [IMG]
  25. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    The SUV is too cute. God, u just don't think it's ugly, u think it's Fugly?? You are so wrong. U need to clean your eyes, hon. I mean the Exterra look better than it, but the "Murano" is cute. It looks like those Lexus/Mercedes SUV's. And that "350Z" looks like the Mercedes sport car too. Nowadays all cars are trying to look the same. Like the Matrix, Vibe and Protege5. Corolla, SI or IS 300 and the Jetta. I hate the look of the Lancer. I dunno, that antenna on the back does not look right on that car at all! there are just some cars that does look good with the antenna at the back and the Lancer is one of them.
  26. Offline

bucrolla Guest

Message Count:
    The IS300 is pimp and I really like the Acura RSX. SUV's are wasteful and impractical imho.
  27. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    murano doesnt look that bad... but one should really check out the specs for that. u'd be amazed at what it has to offer.

as for the new Z, its really sweet but I have a problem with the door handles...not that attractive at all. Just the other day I parked next to a RED Z, apparently ALL Zs come with silver door handles.
  28. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    lol i totally agree w/ u...i was at a dealer the other day...and the had a black one, but the silver door handles just killed it! :(

honestly...w/ the murano...i just don't like it for the simple fact that its an suv, just MHO...what r the specs for it? hehe sorry I'm too lazy too look them up right now :? I'm sure its pretty impressive, but I doubt it will change my mind about it :?
  29. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    [IMG]

Base Number of Cylinders: 6
    Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
    Base Engine Type: V6
    Horsepower: 245 hp
    Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm
    Torque: 246 ft-lbs.
    Max Torque: 4400 rpm
    Drive Type: FWD/AWD