1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Carbon fiber hood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JuicyJ, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Offline

JuicyJ New Member

Message Count:
    Carbon fiber hood

I was in an accident on the 11th and the front of my car was damaged. I had a crabon fiber hood on my car and the guys insurace company is willing to spend $300 on a new one, so does anyone know where I can get a one for around that price?[/quote]
  2. Offline

felixthecat Guest

Message Count:
  3. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    I wonder if its really a TRUE ViS carbon fiber hood? I dont really want to buy the 'no brand name' one on Vpower, ide rather buy something from a company with a good reputation, even if it dose cost slitely more. But if ViS is making carbon fiber hoods for our cars now that would be sweet. But i will wait till a reputable vendor is selling them, because i just dont like Ebay all that much.
  4. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    i bought the carbon fiber hood i had from vpower and it is a verrry nice hood no porblems at all nice edges and everything

but i had to sell it cuz i needed the money :cry:

but it was sooooooooo nice

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    are CF hoods durable? as in do they protect you like the stock hood? cuz im thinking they might be weaker but i dunno.

randy
  6. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    The CF hoods are probably actually MORE durable then the stock hood, atleast more dent resistant i bet, carbon fiber is supposed to be pretty damn strong, so im sure you could sit on the hood and not hurt it at all.
  7. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    oh yeah i had a couple ppl sit on mine and it didnt do anything
  8. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    and hte ones from vpower, u dont need a hood pin? cuz some cars wit CF, i see a hood pin
  9. Offline

imported_corollas Guest

Message Count:
    oh u definantly should have hood pins if your gonna have a lighter hood even though it does have the correct latches as the stocck hood it still can fly up

trust me......... hapened to a friend of mine
  10. Offline

JuicyJ New Member

Message Count:
    Looks like they went ahead and got me a hood. I don't know what kind they got but I'll call them tomorrow and find out. Right now I'm at work and they'll be closed by the time I get off. They did tell me it's coming from California though when the told me. So I should get my car back Monday, but if I'm luck It'll be back Friday. I'm stuck in a Saturn SL2 until then. I hate the car, but its pretty quick (faster than the rolla, which doesn't say much).