1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

car rental

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toyotaboy, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    car rental

I got rear ended a couple weeks ago and just picked up my rental car yesterday.. I should have probably reserved it earlier because I got stuck with a ford taurus (bleeech!) They do carry corollas, but no low-level cars so I got a free upgrade (if you can call that an upgrade). 24mpg (I drive 120 miles a day x $2.80 gallon), automatic (standard), no cd player, and the thing is a boat.. I can't wait to get my car back.. I hate driving rental cars.
  2. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    well you can beat the hell out of it
  3. Offline

AlaricD Guest

Message Count:
    "Nothing performs like a rental car!"
  4. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    Tis true, they are fun to beat on.. I've lit the tires a couple times. I'll admit having a V6 feels very different than a 4 banger. I opted for the $10/day insurance since my car won't be in the shop long (plus I got the free upgrade), so I could basically ram it into a wall, bring it back, and walk away free :)

One time my brother rented a dodge stratus, and he drove like 3 blocks with the emergency brake on (very loud hearing the back tires rub), and he basically wore a flat area in the back so when you drove from there on, you could feel the bump.. Plus everytime we stopped somewhere, we slammed the doors as hard as we could.. he was such a nut

I should pull a jackass
    [IMG]
    Well I'm not gonna pay for it..
  5. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    well got my car back, good as new (though the original tail-lights are back on).. tis ok, I want to see if I can find altezza's that have normal lengthed screws on them so I can actually attach my panels. Even though accidents suck, I have to admit it's nice having a brand new clean looking trunk/bumper.. I mean after 95k miles of driving even the rear gets road damage, and now even my emblems are brand new. I missed my car so much, especially the manual tranny part.
  6. Offline

samrawet New Member

Message Count:
    why you hate rental car
  7. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    ^^^8-22-2005:superconf