1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Car Pulling To The Left...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erickscorolla1999, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Car Pulling To The Left...

Hey guys how is everyone doing. I need a little help or want to know whats your opinion on this. Today i noticed that when i accelerate hard everytime my car pulls bad to the left. The steering wheel was still straight but car moving side ways. Also when i hit the smallest hole or crack in the street same thing happens, but worst. Any idea??? Thanks in advance..
  2. Offline

JrollaS Member

Message Count:
    It could be a couple of things between alignment and tire issues. try swapping the front wheels and see if it goes the other way. check your tires and see if they are wearing more on one side than the other. If your rear tires are in good condition (wearing evenly) try swapping those to the front. if you still have a pull you might have an alignment issue and you should get that checked out. if your alignment is out it will cause premature tire wear... and who wants to go through tires faster than they need to.
  3. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Yea i know that i dont. But it will cause the car to go to the side even if i have the steering wheel straight randomly. Like i hold it straight it goes fine but only when i take off harder it will do it and i can be driving fine if i down shift it would pull extremly hard. Ill try the tires today hopefully is the tires not alignment :( ... thanks for the help
  4. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sounds like tie rods :)
  5. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    So lets say it is the tie rods. How hard would it be to remove them and install new ones. Have you done it before ? And would you buy them from places like advance auto parts or you would order them from toyota and get exact OEM.
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    it's simple, pull to wheel to the right.
  7. Offline

JrollaS Member

Message Count:
    tie rods are pretty easy to replace. first pull the wheel off, un-bolt the tie-rod (remove cotter pin), pop em out and then just unscrew them. but you need to make sure you count how many times your unscrew it... like count the threads. then take the new one and screw it back on the same amount of turns that you took the old ones off. pop them back in and retighten the bolt(dont forget the cotter pin). And that is assuming that your toe setting was ok and you put them back in the same spot as the old ones. tie rods are things that are usually done with an alignment to adjust your toe. even if you are a little bit off it could cause some problems. some of the alignment angles in your car, if off, can cause your car to pull under heavy acceleration and over bumps (bump steer) and not at any other time. don't jump to conclusions though. if its not your tires, you might want to take it to a garage where they do alignments and have them check it out unless you are ready align it yourself. you'd be surprised what little affects camber, caster and toe will have on your drivability.
  8. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    cool thanks for the info ill take a look at the tires and go from there maybe pushing the tie rod to be the last thing i do thanks for the advice

Always have something smart to say in every conversation i see on trd. What a life huh.
  9. Offline

93geoprizm Active Member

Message Count:
    torque steer babyyyy lol
  10. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i made one post yesterday and three the previous day which is hardly "every conversation"
  11. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Seriously get a life. Go look at other old questions on here that other members have and there was always one smart comment by you. And you know its not literaly every just most. So relax buddy.
  12. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    ^ its no use dude, just ignore and move on.
  13. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Your right man no point of it. Thanks