1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Car in the shop!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blk03Corolla, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Car in the shop!!!!!

Well just to let you guys know one of my final projects to my car is close to being complete. My car is in the shop right now getting the motor mounts, header, mid pipe, and water injection installed. I should have the car back by 5 tonight. I am so anxious to take it for its first drive. I will be getting it tuned the first of next week and will have dyno results then.
  2. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Thats great! Cant wait for the results.

Do you have the 9lb pulley on?

Is Unichip doing your re-tune and dyno?
  3. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yea I have the pulley on and yea unichip will be retuning the car next week
  4. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Update: After 4 hours the mid pipe, header, and motor mounts were all installed. Ran into one problem though the mid pipe is not a perfect fit. The flanges that contact at the axle done match up perfect. Its on but it will raddle the way it is now. They are gonna order parts in to make it work and will be fixed within the next week. I am gonna get with Jp and find out what we can do to make this be a direct fit but I havent been able to get a hold of them yet. The water injection is being installed now and should be ready for me to pick up by 5. I will let you guys know how it all turns out.
  5. Offline

HONDO ROLLER Guest

Message Count:
    what are the advantages of getting water injection? and mid pipe?
  6. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Best of Luck! :D
  7. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    With the water injection it is gonna make my car run a lot safer and also enable the higher boost im running to increase power. By uping boost I also added heat so I didnt actually gain much power but with this I will gain power and also will be able to tune the car better. Pretty much like an intercooler but the TRD supercharger is just about impossible to intercool. And the mid pipe is just opening the exhaust and taking the restriction out on a FI car look to gain over 10 hp and tq to the wheels.
  8. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    OK someone needs to put u in a magazine. You have the fastest corolla Ive heard of in the U.S., get the name out man, lol
  9. Offline

dvsj Guest

Message Count:
    So you received the header already? I already paid for mine a while back...did you pay for 1 day air delivery? Hopefully mine will be coming soon.
  10. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I'm anxious to see what Covax is up to and his results after his turbo gets fixed and enhanced fuel delivery (larger injectors, controller, etc). He's probably getting it done and keeping us in suspense. :p

Where does the water injection work at? I can't picture it. I don't think our cars really need one even if it is running on the supercharger. I know for turbo charged systems, water injection helps a lot with intercooled method.
  11. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    fastest 03-05 corolla that is..cars lookin good blk03corolla :D
  12. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well sorry I havent gotten back to you guys I had a bbq out at a friends house tonight. I probably shouldnt even have driven my car lol. Oh well I made it home safe. Well anyways man the car is fast and I can launch finally. YEAH. Really thought the car feels awesome and sounds great will be even faster when I get it retuned for the mods. And then will take it to the track. Next two things will be wheels and tires then a new rps stage 3 cliutch and I will be done. Anymore and I would probably blow the engine up. Thanks guys for the support. I cant wait to get it dynoed and go to the track
  13. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
  14. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...congrats, hopefully I can reach your level sometime next year.
  15. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    which wheels and tires you looking at? You should look into the TRD Japan wheels, which are actually lightweight, unlike the wheels i have. As for tires stay away from the cheapies, you don't have to go all out but look into some Yokohama's or Pirellis. BTW, I'm very impressed w/ your car, You should look into a lightened flywheel to go along w/ your clutch. The clutch will hold up better and aid in quicker shifting but a flywheel makes a HUGE difference in performance, especially on a car as modified as yours. Plus you can get the flywheel installed for free since they'll already have the transmission out and everything.
  16. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    The only thing that I have heard about the flywheel is that you loose a lot of rpms through shifts. I originally wanted to get a flyhweel too but got talked out of it saying it was more of an autocross mod rather than a drag straight line mod. I would definitly do both at the same time though :) The wheels im looking at are the Centerline Rpms 17x7 a little over 13 lbs. And then thinking about one of the toyo tires either proxe 4 or their high performance summer tire. Thanks for the complement though. Too bad I cant take you for a ride its amazing.

P.S. The water injection hadnt even been working ;( I just took it back in and they checked it and it was set to spray at a higher boost than I was running but now its perfect!!!!!
  17. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    so how different does the car "feel". does it feel like some sluggishness is taken away...although its hard to call the car sluggish in the first place...but i have a feeling thats what these mods will do. How much different does it sound?
  18. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Man it feels great... just has an amazing pull now. And the sound is very nice too....very deep... you can actually here the exhaust now and then when the supercharger kicks in afterwards wow. It will definitly turn heads at the track
  19. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    kick ass
  20. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    I say we start a bet, who ever gets closest to the WHP he's going to produce gets a free... uhm, well I haven't worked out all the details yet. :)
  21. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    How about to the flyhweel seeing thats what the dyno I use is. And I will be dynoing on Tuesday :) So who is gonna make the first guess
  22. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    well in your last post it said you dynoed at 212hp..........so w/ these mods i'm gonna give you
    233hp
  23. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Hope I'm wrong, but I'll say 227hp
  24. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I am gonna be optomistic and say after a retune 245 :) Just so you guys know the difference I have jp mid pipe and header, water injection, and with the water injection im HOPING to gain actual power from the 9 psi pulley.
  25. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    get some cam work done (hollowed out), carbon wings, carbon hood, reduce weight suspension components and materials, lightweight crankshaft pulley hub, ventilated disc brakes, or other weight reduction stuff you can think of. That helps too. Take out the back seats :lol:

I saw this stupid kid that did that and all he was sitting on was just a sport bucket seat in the drivers' side. I could barely see his head because he's so low. Man, that's funny.
  26. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I am more worried about the weight of my wheels than anything right now. But reducing weight will only help quarter mile not the dyno especially when dealing with power at the flyhweel.
  27. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Hey Tyler, check this out. You will have some competition with this:

Taken from MO.com forum, Oathrocks Matrix:

my modes (other then the sc:(

aquamist water-methanol injection
    trd cai
    trd exhaust
    jp header-midpipe
    split second aic-1
    custom blue printed rc injectors
    9lbs pulley**
    custom 50 shot nitrous
    tranny upgrade in progress (almost done trix in shop)
    msd ingintion w/ boost retard
    tranny cooler (b&m)

i think that is all.....(forgot somehthing...)

Oath dynoed 171hp to the wheels with the SC, CAI, header/midpipe, SS AIC1, and water injection. I cant wait to find out what the tranny upgrade and 50shot will do!
  28. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    seems like he should be making more power than that. I was making that with unichip, cai, axle back exhaust, and unichip. Hmmm thats kinda strange. I really dont think it will be safe to run nitrous on my engine with all the mods right now. If im not mistaking he said he was gonna go till he blows up his engine correct? If he puts a 50 shot on he will definitly have more power than me though. After talking to zolitz he lost 12 lbs torque so atleast 12 hp to the wheels so that means atleast 15 hp to the flywheel and then about 10 with the header so there is 25 hp and then added power from the 9 psi pulley im hiping to get atleast another 8-10 which would equal up to 35 total horses and 35 + 212 is 247 so if the water injection only makes 8 like I figure I get my estimate of 245 :) I would like to race that guy though. :) Im lighter and once I get those centerlines and rps clutch will be a lot faster. I cant wait. Man I already can drop it and get swirly in second. Thats with almost 30 lb 18s on lol.
  29. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I think that's pretty much all you can do unless you start work on the engine itself. Getting an LSD will help distribute power evenly to your two front wheels. It helps to accelerate much earlier, which is what you need to handle the extra torque you have. You corner much better, better grip, eliminate torque steer, and your 0-60 will definitely improve.
  30. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Im going to call 240, but I think you'll probably make ur 245 goal.