1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Camera Captures People Lifting Car To Save Man

Discussion in 'Videos' started by RinconRolla98, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Camera Captures People Lifting Car To Save Man

http://www.wcco.com/video/?id=88494@wfor.dayport.com

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. (CBS) ―A horrifying crime was caught on camera in Fort Lauderdale; also
    caught on camera was an amazing effort made by bystanders to save a victim's life.

On the tape the victim, John Hill, can be seen being chased down and run over by a car. The suspect is Franklin Parker. And even after hitting Hill and parking his car on the victim, Parker is seen getting out of the vehicle and pummeling stunned witnesses.

"You can see the victim running right there," Fort Lauderdale Police Sgt. Frank Sousa described to CBS station WFOR-TV in Miami while watching the tape. "He's wearing the white shirt; you can see him run over him right there. The driver actually gets out of the car here and starts fighting; you'll see him punching this guy right here."

For the next minute and a half, Parker can be seen fighting with others before running into a store. That's when folks had enough.

"Here comes the arrested guy here, he's wearing the gold shirt and they throw him down to the ground there," Sousa said.

People continued to fight with Parker. Then it dawned on everyone that Hill was still trapped beneath the car.

Linus Thomas and the owner of this neighborhood store ran outside just as a Fort Lauderdale police officer arrived on scene. That's when he and other bystanders all did something amazing: they lifted the car up with their bare hands.

"Probably, like about 10 or 12 of us, we just lift the car up, and I pulled him and the officer, and the police officer, we pulled him out and lay him in the middle of the street," said Mike Ghneil.

Investigators say this whole thing began over a parking dispute. Brandon Jones was with Hill just before it happened. "Mr. Hill say 'Hey, please don't park on the grass,'" recalled Jones. "So Mr. Frank Parker caught an attitude….at the same time, Mr. Frank Parker was like, 'I'm fixin' to run ya'll over!'"

Witnesses say before the dramatic scene came in front of the camera, Hill was already running for his life in his own yard, chased by Parker's car.

"You see the marks over there on the grass," Ghneil said. "I think that's where he was going around chasing him inside the yard. He was doing donuts around him, running around him trying to run him over inside his yard."

Hill is recovering tonight at a rehabilitation facility. He has a fractured pelvis. Parker is in the Broward County Jail, behind held in lieu of $16,000 bond.
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I'm surprised the crowd didn't turn into a mob and tear the guy into pieces.
  3. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm suprise yoru the only one who responded I thought this was funny but in a crazy way :)