1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

bzzsans s/c corolla 1/4 times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bzzsan, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    bzzsan's s/c corolla 1/4 times

Finally, what people have been waiting for; someone with an s/c to go to the track. Well, I went to the track today!!!!!
    and the results are

!!!
    I'm pretty happy, this was my first time ever to the track, and i really didnt know what to expect. I was hoping the s/c would push me into 14's but i wasnt sure. So first run.......and--->14.845! I'm glad i nailed it the first time through, because hat would be my best of the day. I went three times, on the 2nd run I revved to high on the start and spun through first for a while and ended up with a 15.801. The 3rd run wouldve been better than the first as I really nailed the launch and got a better 60' than the first run....but i missed 2nd gear : I still ended up with a 15.450. Here is the slip of the first run, (and what it says since my camera cant get a good picture). This run was especially sweet because the other guy was in this loud caprice and I heard him talking to his boys before we went, here was the conversation.-> dude # 1: "yo, i think that thing is supercharged"...caprice driver: "so, theres no way i'm losing to a damn corolla!" Ha! thankfully i caught him and won!
    [IMG]
    man,. my camera just cant get it right...so heres what it says
    him me
    R/T... .773 .909
    60... 2.205 2.383
    330... 6.318 6.358
    1/8... 9.666 9.654
    MPH... 73.98 74.75
    1000...12.534 12.468
    1/4...14.980 14.845
    MPH... 92.54 93.99

oh yea, for my performance oriented mods
    I have the s/c, i was running the trd cai, and i have a borla "catback" exhaust. I guess you can count my twm shortshifter in there as helping too.
    wheels-> 18 X 7.5 g-games tires->kuhmo ecsta supra 712's 225/40/18

when i get my a/f controller installed and tuned, i'm sure i will be able to break 14.5 since I have the same one that netted several members on matrixowners around 15-20 whp.

anyways, like i said, i'm happy. The s/c makes the car relatively quick. and it was my first time, better times couldve been attained with more practice.
  2. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Good kill man 8) and nice times!
  3. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    my friend who has a mazdaspeed protege would be most upset.
  4. Offline

outersquare Guest

Message Count:
    Re: bzzsan's s/c corolla 1/4 times

aw man, I can't think SC corollas are slow anymore. Nice numbers. BTW, fix the pic sometime.
  5. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...good run man.
  6. Offline

[TRD]Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    nice times..nice wheels also..hwo much u get the wheels for? are the g-games 18lbs?
  7. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    [IMG]

i got the wheels for 265 each, and i weighed them when i got them and theyre about 19 lbs each. theyre not the lightest 18" wheels out there, but i guess they can still be called "lightweight" and I think one of the better quality wheels youll find in terms weight,maker(rays engineering->makers of volks and gram lights), and price....and they look pretty good. and for comparison theyre definetely lighter than my mr7's which were almost 28 each lbs

oh yea, those arent scratches on the lip, its grease, maybe i can go longer without scratching these since i scratched my mr7's the first night i had them :roll:
  8. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    All I can say is freakin sweet 1/4 times. I haven't been on the track with mine, and probably will never get enough motivation to do so, but it's nice to have a round about figure.

I believe the last few mods on my list are suspension mods and some exterior looks. after that I'll be pretty much done until I get my next car.
  9. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Much faster than I thought the S/C would get... I haven't been to the track, but I'm hoping for low 14's or high 13's with my turbo.
  10. Offline

cooper Guest

Message Count:
    is your car a stick or auto?
  11. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    Which A/F controller are you referring to?
    Is the Borla a true catback? Or axle back exhaust?
    Running your CAI with the S/C hasn't caused you any problems (running hot, etc)?

Man. I had almost convinced myself to go NA and leave it there, but now that there are some real numbers up on the 1/4 mile I am once more going to try some creative financing to get that S/C in my car! I never thought the S/C would get you into the high 14's. Very nice run!
  12. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    I really didnt think i would be able to get high14's either!!! I mean on the butt dyno i could tell my car was a bit quicker, but i didnt expect that...I had a huge grin on my face that whole day...and the grin is still there.... and honestly since it was my first time at the track and i only did three runs, i'm sure i couldve gotten 14.7's with a few more runs. i know that may seem kinda crazy but i really think so...only if i wouldntve missed 2nd gear on that 3rd run because my launch felt so good :oops: o well, but i think my first run was pretty close as good as it was gonna get...i was soooo pumped, first run ever and all and to pick up my slip on the way back to the lanes and to see a 1 and a 4...i was like :shock: :D :eek:.Also none of the turboed mazdaspeed protoges there could beat me, and a newer spec V couldnt get lower than 14.9.....it felt good..anyway time for some question answering.

cooper, i have a stick

vanion 2, i purchased a a/f-5th injector controller made by split second. you can check out there stuff at www.splitsec.com. It's the same one that a few of the matrix s/c guys have at www.matrixowners.com. I got it because it was yielding them excellent results once installed and the unichip was having a few probs with their setups, even though i dont doubt the unichip's performance, (since it performed really well on black03corolla's car and he's got the dyno's to prove it) the split second unit was getting similar results and costs less. The borla exhaust i have is the same borla that other people on the board have. It's the one that hooks up near the rear axle, so not a true catback. Thats another reason why i'm soo happy also, my car's breathing is still relatively restricted compared to say a full exhaust system and headers, but still performs well.
    As for the cai, i've only had it on for a few days, but no problems yet (crosses fingers). no pinging or anything, just the sweeeeeeet addictive screaming and power its making

I'm gonna get my current setup dynoed on April 10 and also install my a/f controller the same day. So i'll let everyone know what kind of numbers i'm running. If everything goes according to plan, i should have around 200 to the crank, and thats my goal for right now, , and then maybe ill make it back to the track in April and see what happens.

At first i did not want to get the s/c and was on the "it's too much money for 36 hp" boat. But of course, i jumped off that boat and am definetely more than pleased......if not broke :) The s/c transforms the car, and it can scoot as you guys see. Also i'm glad that i wont get wasted by the corolla xrs :twisted: , as that was something else holding me back at first. But i dont think any xrs's will be able to catch me, as even good celica gts driver finds it hard to break into 14's without some mods and matrix xrs's pretty much cant do 14's w/o FI...so i figure the corolla xrs will be some where in between.

LIke i said, i'm REALLY happy, i loved my car before, and i've fallen in love all over again and want more :twisted: I think i'll be able to get less than 14.5 in a couple weeks...and with header/exhaust and maybe a lsd and if you wanted to go hardcore, some drag radials, new clutch and stuff, i'm sure a s/c stick corolla couuld get into the 13's..and THAT would kick ass.

But its not numbers that are really important, i dont think i'll every "try for 13's" its more the fact that the s/c will enable you to GO when you want to GO...if you know what I mean.... whether you just get the s/c and that's it, or the s/c and continue to mod, it just makes this car a lot more enjoyable as a daily driver, both transmissions.

I'll keep y'all posted, and anymore questions i'll try to answer.

...long post, eh....like i said..i'm still kinda amped up :D
  13. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Damn, that sounds good. If everything works out for you, I will try something similar too. To back up your comment on the supercharger, I understand how you feel. It definitely improves the vehicle's performance by A LOT. I'm able to spin my tires so easily and for much longer distances. I always have a habit of easing off the gas a bit so my car doesn't swerve into the other lane. I have to get out of that habit. THere is so much more torque than stock and impresses me a great deal. I love the feel of smooth and quick acceleration right from the start, which made me want to race more people. For a moment, you feel like you are the king of the road until someone in a Corvette pulls up. Little to say, I got beat up pretty badly.

THen there are other cars such as those little Mazda 3. They are a gutless, piece of crap slowpoke, grandma driven car. Smoked one yesterday. Pshhhhhhhh....nothing. Looks nice though, but comes dead last in performance.
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    next time you go to the track, pop out the little black fog light cover on the drivers side. it'll provide better flow for you CAI.
  15. Offline

vanion2 Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the info bzzsan. I have been considering an aftermarket ECU but was wincing at the price tag on the Unichip and the issues it sometimes has with the FI Corollas.

Make sure you get that bad boy dynoed after you get the header/full catback in so us wannabes can drool at the capabilities our cars are able to achieve. :D