1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Buying A Car...Need Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KingKuei, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    6-speaker audio
    sunroof
    alloy wheels
    spoiler
    factory S body pieces
    power everything

$16,500 out the door up here in Nor Cal
  2. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Buying A Car...Need Help

A friend of mine is buying a 2004 Corolla S for her daughter. She is planning on paying for it IN FULL, IN CASH. We live in Southern California and wants power everything, sunroof, premium sound, alloys, spoiler, and all the other goodies. Here's my question...

How far down do you think we could talk them? She is paying for it with cash in full. Quote me a price, tax and everything included, out the door. I'm gonna do some online research too of course but I was hoping I might get some of your opinions. Thanks...
  3. Offline

italiancorolla Authorized Stinger Dealer

Message Count:
    well, I have everything power accept for the sun roof. I have the 6 speaker setup i nmy 04 corolla S. I bought it in nov. of 2003 when they were brand new. I have the spolier, STOCK celica gts rims. I dont how they got on the corolla, but when i saw the 15 inch rims they were sweet. I paid 16500 out the door. That included tax tag and everything. I have heard of people paying almost 18000, they are out of there mind. Also, I drove the car off the lot with 5 miles on it.....and I put those 5 miles on it when I test drove it. PM me if you have any other questions.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Go to edmunds.com, and price it there. Use the TMV, TRUE MARKET VALUE.

Dealership wont be able to go any lower than that.
  5. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I have that paperwork, I was just trying to get feedback from others...
  6. Offline

NRM NRDADDY > YOU

Message Count:
    You should be able to push 16000 out the door. If you don't tell them about the cash first and then bring it up later like

"Here, 16k out the door, cash, right now."

When we started out with my Corolla Type S 2005, the guy said 18k. After talking to him at the dealership, he knocked it down to 17k. He told him we'd think about it. I had my dad call him the next day and he told them that they need to offer their best price and when they get it, call us back. They called us back with 16.75k. Then my dad said we'll think about it.

Obviously, when my dad said we'll think about it, the dealership knows we're checking out other dealerships. The guy called back later on during the day and said 16k out the door, taxes and everything besides financing with 1.9APR for 3 years.

Granted, I only got spoiler, the OEM bodykit, and premium 6 speaker sound. Power everything, AC, and power steering are standard. No sunroof, no ABS (got me into a minor accident btw), and no alloys.

The thing is, the 2005 is just a carryover of the 2004. Dealership sold out of the 2004 that week, but I'm sure we would have gotten much cheaper if we kept pushing.

We've bought 3 brand new cars within the past 5 years, all from the same Toyota dealership. You need to keep pushing them and be firm about it and be sure to go to other dealership and do the "he said, she said" thing. New car is a big investment and these dealerships are already jacking 8 dollars a screw when you need one. And 160 a steelie... bastard guys. If it's all cash, then go for 15.5 and push from there. Straight up cash does make a BIG difference.

Good luck.
  7. Offline

italiancorolla Authorized Stinger Dealer

Message Count:
    that sounds liek my family, a year before we had just bought the brand new 2003 tacoma prerunner...They first told my mom 18,500 at the beginning, but brought it down because we had gone to a diff dealership. And it is like I said, I had celica GTS 15 inch allow wheels on the car when I got it. We also told them cash in hand and that persuaded them at the end. Try to get discounts also....military discounts, sometimes a sams club discount, and if u have bought a car there before, they should lower it if they want your buisness again.
  8. Offline

NRM NRDADDY > YOU

Message Count:
    Yeah, buying a car is a big investment, and if you've bought one there before, they want you to keep buying from there. I don't know much about the discounts, but just be sure to stay firm and don't let them try to bribe you back up. Research and decide how much you were willing to spend and stick to it. Get them to lower it to their lowest price before you show your cards and tell them your offer.

Seriously, the people who actually buy the cars for the sticker price on the window are really getting ripped off. This is an 04, so you should be able to get less than I did for mine.
  9. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    damn, cars are so cheap in US! for US$16000, that can only buy a CE model with a few options in my area :(