1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Building a system...

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Logan6901, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
    Building a system...

OK so i'm trying to build a system for my car but i need some help the most i am will to pay is around $1000 so give me a few set ups that are around that price range.
  2. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    start by getting a job @ Bestbuy :) mine cost me about 1000 not including the 2 12" subs. those where about 170 with the box. check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/serg4u
  3. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    ummm do u want like a system? like w/ subs or an ENTERTAINMENT CENTER :lol: w/ screens

umm i bought my subs w/ box for about 600$ and deck for about 150$. i bought the subs used. not bad for (2) JL 12" W6's.

ummm do u want to keep you interior speakers? if u do that'll save u a lot of money. also do u plan to install it yourself? (its really easy)

for your AMP kit buy from http://www.knukonceptz.com . the ABSOLUTE BEST AMP KIT for the price.

ummm i'd suggest buying JL's over rockford fosgates, but thats just cuz i'm biased to JL's.

for your deck. GET PIONEER!!!!!!!!! f- alpine. i bought one and it broke w/in 2 weeks. what a joke. i honestly like the dehp7500 cuz u can control your subs. but if u want MP3's then go for the PIONEER PREMIER series. umm dont get sony >> they dont make thier own CD players sothey suck. i suggest pioneer

for your amp.. hmmm (this is gonna cost u money) rockford forgate has good amps, JL also has good amps. just make sure u dont get a sh!t no name brand to power them, you'll have a lot of problems. go w/ names you know.

umm jsut figure out if u want 2 subs, 1 sub. what size 8" 10" or 12" ? just let us know
  4. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
    i already have a headunit it is a panasonic cq-c8100u, and i am just looking for some bass. i got a quote from a local shop and they told me 1500 for 2 12" w3 with a fiberglass box, phenix gold amp, and wire kit. but i was thinking about ordering stuff offline because i can get it a lot cheaper through the internet.
  5. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    well for your amp kit. GO w/ that link i gave u.

it is the best thing around. so cheap so such good products. you get everything INCLUDING RCA cables (which most amp kits dont come w/)

but yea i say look around. try www.craigslist.com for subs or ebay for subs and amps. and just buy your box from the local shop.
  6. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
  7. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
  8. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    oh those are nice.

since those are 900watts RMS. and since u want 2. i think u should go for at least a 1000watt amp x 2 channels. that will power them enough so that u wont get bankrupted.
  9. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
  10. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    yea it'll work, it might not power your subs all that great. but it'll be good enough.

you're not going in for competition or anything right?
  11. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    I got 2 rockford fosgate punch 12"s with a box for 95$ a boss 1200 x2 amp for 50$ and walmart wiring (scosche) for 20$ and it hits harder then my friends jl w3's . The subs were a closeout sale at a best buys near me with the box and i bought the amp from a friend. Oh yea i have a dual mp3/cd head unit with 12 disc cd changer that i got for 140 wit hteh dash kit and harness :)
  12. Offline

Logan6901 New Member

Message Count:
    damn your lucky to get that stuff at that price, but i am rethinkning the whole system idea right now b/c i really want the SF turbo kit so i think i will save for that first
  13. Offline

Left-Track Guest

Message Count:
    Damn your lucky !

Maybe I've put to much money in mine ! :cry:

But I'm very satisfied :wink:
  14. Offline

shortys408 Guest

Message Count:
    lol im just cheap. Thats why i have a corolla.