1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

brake disc

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by 100bajan, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Offline

100bajan New Member

Message Count:
    brake disc

hey gang, I recently put on some 16" and I realised that my brake disc look horibble. Anybody know about a not too expensive set, that is still good stuff?? I heard that the green stuff was pretty good
  2. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    Re: brake disc

are you talking about a set of Brake rotor or brake pad???

green stuff is the brake pad and have nothing to do with your brake disc... if you want to get a set of new rotors, you may want to think about getting the AEM Big brake kit, it's only like $500... but it might require 17" wheels..
  3. Offline

100bajan New Member

Message Count:
    I don't think I need a Big brake kit, I don't/can't drive fast, in this town the cops are on the military like crazy, I just want some good rotors nothing fancy
  4. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

100bajan New Member

Message Count:
    Sweet, thanks , are the green stuff brake pads any good?? should I mix pads and rotors or get a complete set??
  6. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    i heard green stuff is pretty good... maybe the best that is out there...

well... there is no complete set for regular cross drill/sloted rotors and regular pads.. so i guess you can mix it if you want... just don't mix two different kinda of brake pad on the each side of the car.. :lol:
  7. Offline

100bajan New Member

Message Count:
    I don't think I am that bad :p , do you think it is neccessary to get both front and rear rotors??
  8. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    our cars come with rear drums. you'll need to get a rear disk conversion to get rear rotors
  9. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    yea.. LondyDriver is right, except if you have Xrs which comes with rear disc brake already...

anyways, if you are going to change the brake pad... i think the front should be good enough, but it's not a bad idea to get a better performance brake shoe (not pad) in the rear if you want to upgrade your braking..

also, check out my cardomain page (the link below), you can see that i have rear disc conversion
  10. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Hey Hooolala can you help me out with something. After I get my car up to par with my next mods I will be looking at doing the brake system on my car. What would be the best setup. Complete. I have been looking around but I am not to good with brakes knowing what to get and all. Any help would be appreciated seeing you are one of the only guys who has ventured down that path. Thanks
  11. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    I would go with Rotora front brakes and be done with it unless you plan on showing your car, then I'd add the SSBC rear conversion in there but it's not needed to stop any faster.
  12. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol.. this is the setup i will have... Rotor in the front, and SSBC in the back..
    SSBC is already on my car..
    Rotora will be on soon..
  13. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    well.. just like APC_MATRIX_ said, Rotora is good.. or if you have money, you can get the TRD one... but yea.. i believe SSBC is the only one that makes rear disc brake for rolla.... i mean Matrix... lol
  14. Offline

Neutron Guest

Message Count:
    Speaking of rear discs, how difficult would it be to convert the 2 drum 2 disc setup of our Corollas to a 4 wheel disc setup?
  15. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    2 hour job...

but.. i don't recommend it if you are only doing the rear and not the front.. because since SSBC rotor is way bigger then your front disc brake... your rear brake will lock up earlier/faster then the front.. it will cause your car to drift to the right during the emergency braking.. which means Dangerous...

if you want to do the rear... you better upgrade your front brake to AEM big rotor or Rotora big brake..
  16. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    David you are selling the Rotora kit right. If not where is the best place to find it. Thanks for the info.
  17. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
  18. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol~~ i just got one from a member here... he sell it to me for $800.. it was use for 7 month (about 8000 miles)... soo it's still very new..

but i think those two prices you post is a VERY GOOD DEAL.. my cost is like 1250..

here is the picture of my new brake.
    [IMG]
  19. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    btw Blk03Corolla

do you happend to have stock downpipe with CATs avaliable? if so how much you want to sell it? and do you have a picture of it?
  20. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    If that other guy on the other thread wont sell it I can. I dont need it because I dont have to deal with deq or smog. Let me know how it goes with that guy and if you need my help let me know
  21. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    well, it does matter who i get it from... i just need it fast... cuz if you guys want to sell it to me.. then i need to stop my vendor from ordering a new one from toyota (i hope he hasn't order it yet)
  22. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I wont be able to tell you till Monday because I left my oem parts at the shop and havent gone back to pick them up yet. So as long as they didnt toss my stuff then I will sell them to you. How much are they charging you new? And how much would you want mine for?
  23. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    well... you know NEW OEM toyota parts is always expansive.... how much you want to sell it?
  24. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well if I had to buy it new to replace it for some reason back to stock how much would it be. I dont even know what is reasonable at this point.