1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Better TRD Superchargers!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Polikujm, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Offline

Polikujm Guest

Message Count:
    Better TRD Superchargers!!!

I got wind from my friend whose uncle works for vortech and he was told that Vortech is teaming with TRD to develop new superchargers because the current ones are so WEAK!!!
  2. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

Polikujm Guest

Message Count:
    lol guess no ones cares
  4. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    Hope that works out since I haven't bought mine yet. Good to hear about that.
  5. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    it's not that................just doubt this is actually true, and if it is.....they probably won't redo the existing kits.
  6. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    didn't someone say trd isn't making superchargers for the 05 cars, maybe they are redeveloping them.
  7. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    ive been hoping vortech would make a supercharger for our cars but are u sure it is for the Corolla, cuz TRD is using vortech blowers for the tC s/c
  8. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    yea thats what I was thinking too
  9. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i've always thought that trd should have gone with a centrifugal type for the corolla, it would allow u to add an air to water intercooler fairly easily, its more compact, a LOT easier to install since it doesn't replace the intake manifold and so on...
  10. Offline

Polikujm Guest

Message Count:
    well... i don't really know... all i know is what i was told... Vortech is remaking superchargers with TRD because their current ones aren't good enough in terms of gains. I'd assume this includes 1ZZFE engine superchargers judging by its current numbers, but don't count me on it.
  11. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    If they do come out, I sure won't be needing the new superchargers for my Corolla. By that time, I may have a new car. Unless the new superchargers are for newer model Corolla's or tC's or whatever, I'm fine with the old one.
  12. Offline

rudwn4a69 Guest

Message Count:
    when i was at the dealership asking about the trd supercharger for our cars, the parts guy told me that TRD had a new sc coming out early next year. maybe he was wrong. i dont know1
  13. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I think this guy is confused because TRD will be using that supercharger for the TC could see how that would happen. It would not be worth it for TRD to redo all the kits. Oh and the supercharger is not weak and you would know that after you drove in a supercharged car.
  14. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    i assume he is coming from a point of prespective.

a 20k$ sc + support mods corolla vs a 20k$ SRT4, or a 20K$ used mustang gt. whose gonna win?

now if you happin to already have a corolla and want to keep and mod it rather than drive something else (as many of us do) then no, the S/C is not weak. but even a S/C'd corolla is still slow in the relm of fast cars.

IIRC, a member here or MO said you can take a stock 03 cobra, throw a grand worth of mods at it, and your in the 10's.

even in the 11's or 12's, its still enough time to all but stop, turn arround, and watch even a fast corolla/matrix finish the 1/4
  15. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Why would that be any fun. I love racing people and having them be like "what the hell, a corolla beat me" Its no fun to buy a fast car especially one everyone knows to be fast. That isnt the point for most of us I hope.
  16. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    'no one cares' because only one person posted in 20 mins??
  17. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    yea, for different people there are different priorities which go into the decision for getting a new car..a lot of people "say" they care only about speed, but then buy a corolla...umm...yea. i think most people buy corollas for reliability, the toyota name, good mileage, originality..etc and many may try to get the most out of it, which is different than caring all and only about speed..reliability, having a stealth car, price, insurance rate, aftermarket support, looks, ride, originality, stock speed, potential in motor...etc and much more have to do with the decision on what car to buy.
  18. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Perfect. No one realizes that before they post remarks like that. The only thing I would say is that if I new upfront I would be putting this much money into it I would not have bought the car. Has been awesome and I love the car and everything but I am into the car as much as I paid for it new now. :) Oh well cant take it back now.
  19. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    driving a supercharged corolla is fun. no one ever dreams of being owned by a corolla. i raced a few mitsu eclipse and a few talons tsi turbos. only cars that were close. i did lose to a civic si but only once when reached over 70 and i steped off the gas. it is a big shock to those guys. i still miss those days. yesterday a 911 tried to race me. i rolled down my window and said ok lets race i think it a fair race your turbo 911 vs my honky truck. i reved it up and watched him take off. about a mile down the street he was pulled over hehehe. i win. 8) happened on the 4th. moron must not know what street he was on cause there was a police station a mile up the road.
  20. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    I don't believe Vortech is making anything with TRD. The reason I say that is that TRD's contract is with Magnuson. They are working on a new S/C for the '05 models though, stupid Drive-By-Wire crap :?
  21. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    no the supercharger for the tC is a vortech. It's clearly says vortech on the housing.
  22. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    I think its an idea, but who makes the current one? Is it straight TRD? or this Magnuson company?
  23. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    how about a turbo kit TRD????? i think its time we had another option from toyota
  24. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    haha, I second the turbo kit, or SUPRASSSSSS NO:what::what::what::what:W!

Sorry couldnt resist the battle cry.
  25. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Is that the production one or just the couple of Prototypes they have floating around?

I'm just curious cause I haven't seen a pic is all. I think you are right though, a pic of a S/C Camry is coming to mind and it seems to be a centrifigul S/C.

Anywho, I am trying to have Vortech make a 1ZZ kit for the Matrix/Rolla, we'll see how that one turns out, lol. If I have to, I'll go custom Vortech :wink:
  26. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i think the only way ur gonna get a vortech blower on ur car is to fabricate ur own kit... or just put it in ur backseat :roll: (hey u can still tell ppl u got a blower in ur car)
  27. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Not really sure......i saw the pics at the dealership though.
  28. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    boy you don't know what it looks like? Don't you know anything? How did you like my rust?
  29. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  30. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    i'm pretty sure the blower is a vortech... thats just the blower though. i imagine TRD made the rest of the kit (well whoever they get to manufacter it, but yall get what im saying)