1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

better all season tires

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by jessetc, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    better all season tires

Can anyone reccomend me some good all season tires for the stock steelies, i dont know if anyone has the same problem, but my stock tires are horrible when its wet outside. kind of scary. and if its at a reasonable price than that would be super
    My dad doesnt belive me when i say my tires suck, so ive been trying to wear them out by cornering really hard and such
  2. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    i bought michellin HydroEdge for my car. its a directional tire. very quiet ride, exceptional handling none like i have ever seen from my car. cost me 440 installed. its also a bliss to drive with in wet weather. even at a 2000 rpm launch on wet roads there is no wheel spin. if u wanna see px, i made a thread in the suspension section right after i got them. i'd highly recomend them.
  3. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    awesome, thanx, what are directional tires?
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    the tread points one way. as u can tell from mine its got some what of a V shape
  5. Offline

bigdaddyk Guest

Message Count:
    What type of tires are your OEM's. Mine are bridgestone se200's. I heard these are supposed to be good for wet traction. I've had my OEM tires for a year now and haven't noticed any problems (I change to kuhmo snow tires in the winter).
  6. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    oh man... those stock tires i had were horrible! caused me 1 official accident(rear-ended someone). made a full 720(two rotations) spin out on the freeway from the carpool lane to the right shoulder(wet road). ALMOST KILLED ME AND MY FRIEND! and a 150 spin out again(dry road). my friend saw me from his rear-view mirror, he said i looked like i was doing a stunt from an action film).

those tires are stupidly dangerous. I say after 8,000 miles with 'em, change 'em for a different set. I know its costly, but your life's in danger with those tires.
  7. Offline

rja Guest

Message Count:
    My stock Firestones work great. Wet, dry, and even in over one foot of snow. I only use them in the winter though because my Yokohoma's are my summer tire and definitely will not do snow.
  8. Offline

bigdaddyk Guest

Message Count:
    TheDruid: What brand were your's? Where they the Bridgestone's like I mentioned?
  9. Offline

rja Guest

Message Count:
    I am not sure since Bridgestone/Firestone are the same company. But mine say Firestone and I have to look in my storage unit to see what model they are. Even with that, I do not think we would know without knowing if the tread patterns and compounds are the same. Mine do stick to the road great. The only problem of course is there is a huge amount of roll during high speed maneuvers.
  10. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    im not sure what brand they are but it says "tiger paw" on the side, i dont know if u would recognive what brand that is from.
  11. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    the tiger paws are uniroyals.

i've got goodyear's as oem. how did you guys end up with bridgestone as oem?
  12. Offline

04MGRolla Guest

Message Count:
    simple i think...is your car a 2003 or 2004? and what model do you have...i got goodyears too and mines a 2004 le
  13. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    those stock firestones suck! I replaced mine with Kumho HP4's and I like them. I think that they were only $50 a tire on tirerack.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    if ur really lookin for good quality all seasons i highly recomend any kinda michelin tire. my dad's had those on all cars we've owned, my corolla would have been the first car taht didnt come with them but i got the hydro edge's installed on it and i seriously cant complain about them.
  15. Offline

rja Guest

Message Count:
    They might suck for you, but for me they came with the car and I do not have to spend more money than needed replacing them. They have done great by me so far. I have gone in freezing rain, sleet, snow, and anything else thrown at me in the winter on those things. No, they are not the best, but they do the job in the winter around here.
  16. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:

mines were labeled firestone. CorollaAltis(Randy) had bridgestone on his. Mine was an 03 with the steelies/hubcaps and his was an 04 with the alloys. his tures sucked too though.. I believe firestone and bridgestone are the same company.