1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Best Toyota of all times

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Best Toyota of all times

To me, it is no brainer. The best sports car ever made. Toyota Supra MKIV. The only car in the world who's own engine produces 1100 HP.

Other landmark Toyotas:

Land Cruiser FJ40 ( The only SUV to reach the top of mount Fuji in the 1960s)
    Camry 2001,2002 V6 XLE ( Camry at par with perfection)

2003-05 Toyota 4 Runner (In 2003, Toyota tested this 4 Runner on mount everest!)

2004 Toyota Prius (Setting new standards in the hybrid world)

2005 Corolla XRS (A different Corolla altogether. The most powerful one ever built in NA and sheds every stereotype about the Corollas while remaining true to it's best gas mileage and reliability roots)

1982/83 Corolla SE rear wheel drive ( My dad bought it brand new in 1983 and this car had set new standards back then in compact sedans. Nothing out there in it's class could compare to it)
  2. Offline

ShinmaTsunami T-elos Rider

Message Count:
    I think you're also forgeting the 86 GT-S. Car & Driver rated it as 'Not too shabby.'
  3. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, you are right. It was considered really fast in it's days with a 0-60 in 9.5 secs. Back in those days, a Camaro V8 used to take 10.3 secs to get to 60 mph...LOL
  4. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    oh damn that was sad =P
  5. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    Mk 4 supra: still respected and still the best performance of any sports car out of japan

Camry: world's family mid-size sedan...

MR-2 SW20: Over built poor man's ferrari

Corolla GT-S AE86: this is a fun sports car compared to many sports car built around the same yr. & obviously a awesome drifter...

Toyota Trucks: very good off-road capabilities, engine last longer than the body and respected by all the pick up or suv owners out there

Toyota Industrial Equipment (forklift:( awesome forklift

Toyota big trucks (HINO trucks:( really nicely built diesel truck known for its good quality around the world as always for Toyota

Toyota introducing Lexus brand to North America: a MB for less

Corolla XRS: u can tell its coming and indeed it did...

Corolla: its basically the most boring car in the world yet it is the best selling car in the world so it must be a great car...

Toyota Prius: Honda say they were the first but i doubt it... i think toyota is the first in the Hybrid technology...
  6. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    no, the technology was produced around the same time, they even debuted the same year i believe, but the insight was on teh market earlier than the prius was.

but, the toyota hybrid technology is a lot better imo. the honda one is essentially an electric supercharger, while toyota's is more integrated.

i still gotta go with the good old ST246, awd, 260hp out of a boosted 2.0L engine (3sgte obviously) and plenty of room to carry your shit :D
  7. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    why the 01, 02 camrys (which were different gens, 01 was gen4.5, 02 was gen5)?

i'd hafta pick the 2003.5+, or 2004+ camry, since 03.5 got the 1MZ with vvti (before tehy were non-vvti in the camry applications) the 04 since the SE got the 3MZ.

still needs a stick though

EDIT: forgot to mention my pick. the ST246, current Caldina (gen4 i believe) direct continuation of teh GT-4 line.
  8. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    Very notable absences from your list:

Toyota Celica All-Trac/GT4: 2.0 turbo, AWD, and rally performance. While the Integra has always been a better car than the Celica in every way, this is the one car they could never top.

70's Corollas: Along with the Civic, the cars that delivered America from low-MPG boats during the oil crisis... The Corolla, and Honda's Civic, were the two cars that practically CREATED the import market. Plus, I had a 1978 Corolla Deluxe wagon (1800cc, 5 speed), so I'm a little partial... ;)

1980s Chevy Nova: Yes, as slow and ugly of a car as it is, it was very important to Toyota's history, and even the history of other Japanese makes. Aside from low-quality Mitsu rebadges Chrysler sold in the 70s and early 80s, the Nova was the first "American" car made of Japanese parts... and the first one to sell like proverbial hotcakes. Now we have fifty gazillion Prizms rolling around the U.S... I swear Prizms had to outsell Civics here in Western PA...
  9. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    nope.

Honda's hybrid tech is older than Toyota's.

And I'd rather be seen in an Insight than a Prius.

An Insight looks like an updated CRX, and a Prius looks like an Echo design that was tossed for being too ugly.
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Toyota Coronas are tight!!! Best toyota EVAR!
  11. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    Quote:

The only car in the world who's own engine produces 1100 HP.

no its not.
  12. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I meant 2000 and 2001. Anyway, The V6 Camry was the most well balanced and refined. Those were the two last production years when Toyota had almost perfected the Camry especially V6. The HP was bumped up to 200 HP with almost the same HP and the V6 were offered with 5 speed manual transmission. Even Honda did not offer it on it's V6. It has aged gacefully. Whenever I see those Camrys I always go Wow! it truly has class.