1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Best Toyota car for a movie??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, May 20, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Best Toyota car for a movie??

Just for kicks, let's say holywood goes nuts (LOL) and wants a Toyota to be a hot racer driven by the hero just like the Mustang in Bullit or gone in 60 seconds. Which one will you pick ??? and why?? Criteria to be used is 1) agility, athletic ability,

1) A Supercharger, CAI, 18 inch wheels on a 2005 Corolla XRS( comes with a sport tuned suspension and 170 HP even stock). Fairly agile, athletic chasis and completely tossable around.

2) Supercharged 2004 Camry Solara V6 SE Sport ( sport tuned suspension)with full body kit ( this is FAST!!! even with the stock engine and sequential shift tranny. Whooping 3.3L 240 foot pounds of torque on stock. Quiet when cruising, but a big V6 growl when it accelerates hard like a pure muscle car. I actually read a Camaro owner on cardomain praising the Solaras for their speed. With supercharger, it will be awesome)

3) Rod Millen Lexus IS430 ( I have the video of Rod Millen testing this modified IS300 with Lexus GS430 V8 engine and a Toyota Supra 6 speed manual transmission. Man it is crazy you can hear the sweet engine roar when rod millen does a 0-60 in 4.5 secs!!!!!!)

4) Supercharged Lexus SC430 ( featured in T3, this car is not really a driver's car since it is extremely posh and luxurious, but the 430 series V8 and adding a sport tuned suspension with a supercharger can make it a beast! Although, not one of the best looking luxury cars around).
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I'd pick the Rod Millen IS430. The only thing missing in that car is a LSD. Apparently they didn't add that when they built the damn car. If you want an agile car though, I would have to pick a Lotus Elise. It's a Toyota, well sort of. Hehe. :D
  3. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    solara and Corolla XRS in Fast and Furious... its gonna funny to see ppl's faces w/ wtf on them...

IS430 in James bond
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    I can only imagine that they're going to rice out the XRS and Solara.
  5. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I would agree on IS430 as well since Solara is a nice car with body kit and a very powerful engine, but it is too big for athletic maneouvers. Corolla XRS will look great in a fast and furious type movie, but would look childish riced-out car for a movie like Bullit or gone in 60 seconds. Regarding your agility question, in the video you will see Rod Millen doing drifting with the IS430. Plus, while has he is taking a corner on the race track, the IS430 was drifted sideways by Rod Millen and it was atleast at 90 miles an hour. Rod Millen was so impressed with the end result that he said it is very easy to push the IS430 over the limit.
  6. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    MR2 Spyder... duh...

And the Solara does not have a "sequential transmission," despite Toyota's painfully misleading and irresponsible marketing. It's more like a tiptronic or autoshift or similar shiftable automatic. It's completely different from a true sequential like in the MR2.
  7. Offline

nikeair11 Guest

Message Count:
    I'll go with the obvious -- Supra and the MR-S
  8. Offline

aSiAnRiCk New Member

Message Count:
    x2
  9. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
  10. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    EZ, Supra and IS430
  11. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    What is the difference in tiptronic and sequential?? They are essentially the same thing.

12. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    That Chip Foose IS430 is bad ass. I think he helped make it?
  13. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    No they're not.

A tiptronic (like in the Solara) is just an automatic transmission with the ability to force shifts manually. It still uses a planetary gear and torque converter like a typical automatic and has all the disadvantages inherent in those. Hence it's still a "slushbox."

A true sequential transmission has a contact clutch and gated gears like a manual, but shifting is done electronically without use of the clutch. The difference is shifts happen right away as opposed to the delay that always comes with an automatic, and there's no power-stealing torque converter in the way.
  14. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    now this is an easy one

SW20 MR2 turbo
    ST205 Celica GT4
    JZA80 Supra Turbo

all highly modified..... they ruled the import scene in the 90s with an iron fist balancing performance/reliability/and quality. these are the easy picks

then you get into the "drift" scene, and we all know what toyota anyone would pick for that........
  15. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
  16. Offline

dodolaje New Member

Message Count:
    LS430 fully bling2ed.. for any gangsta movies
    LX470 fully bling2ed .. for any rap video music or gangsta movie
    GS430 or Aristo for any Japanese Yakuza movies
    IS430... uhm.. the car kinna small....in Bond movie?? i think not.. GS430 maybe

Land Cruiser for any Paris Dakkar Rally movie
    Celica GT-4, Corolla Rally for any Rally movie
    Toyota GT-1, Supra or MR-S for any super exotic race or LeMans movie.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    lol, you're right. They should whip out the GT-1. That'll be sweet. They'll probably need to bring out Tsuchiya as a stunt driver.
  18. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    why dont they just drive the whole toyota line every car has potential in the line so why not?
  19. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    mkiv supra or a sw20 mr2
  20. Offline

dopeee Guest

Message Count:
    they should use my car hahaha
  21. Offline

AlaricD Guest

Message Count:
  22. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:

yeah that, the lag on a tiptronic is horrible! i redline at 6800, fuel cutout is at 7150 or so, and i hafta shift at about 6600 from 1st to second in order to not hit fuel cutoff. :mad: