1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Bad Idea??

Discussion in 'Interior' started by jiggaman725, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    any idea where i could get some relatively cheap blue LED's for a 98 cluster (bulb size 194)? i've tried to get those blue bulbs but they fade quickly and i don't really like all the different colors of my reverse glow gauges
  2. Offline

infamousrolla Guest

Message Count:
  3. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    i wouldnt say so, its just gonna be a pain in the ass to get to em...then, you have to buy new calterm sockets for em..and make sure they sit tightly back on the circuit board...
  4. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Depends on your car year. I find that hyper whites don't look so hot for your gauges, go with straight blue. After the light filters, it looks too yellow. I'm a huge LED fan, and after several sets of bulbs, they gave me the best look. I find that polarg and hibrid both make excellent hyper white bulbs, with xenon. They might be cheaper.
  5. Offline

nocpan New Member

Message Count:
    i have the krypton yellow bulbs in my 1995 cluster... they are mad bright... didn;t melt anything... yet... i discovered that the led even the quad led are not enought to light up the cluster brightly
  6. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    i got some apc hyper white 194 bulbs awhile ago to try them out-they sucked so much- they were just a white bulb..i was hoping they'd be blue at least..so i got some cheap blue coated bulbs from autozone, and they are ROCKIN! my whole dash is like a jetta with its blue light theme...
  7. Offline

juggaloryder Guest

Message Count:
  8. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Yeah, get blue LEDs from the website mentioned. They sell "matrix" bulbs for 194, they have 5 leds that point in all directions, gives a very good uniform lighting for gauges.