1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine at last the headers 98-02

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by diegoval, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Offline

diegoval Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

dragonhuntur Sunny So.Cal

Message Count:
    Sorry to burst your bubble but those headers pictured are for the 93-97 models. Thse WILL NOT fit a 98-01. The engines are totally different...even sit in the engine bay opposite eachother.
  3. Offline

zeroexp02 Banned

Message Count:
    98-02 headers

If you are looking for 98-01 headers try www.nexusindustry.com they should have them. peace
  4. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    nexusindustry (alphawerks) header is still in process of development and has been 4 awhile...i was the 1st 2 get their catback system and was gonna be 1st for header but it got pushed back
  5. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    wait a sec- that ebay auction is mest up! but maybe its just a general pic-or for older corollas... but this is wierd, b/c obx (forza tuning) never had these b/f, maybe this is a new thing...
  6. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    woa woa, wait a sec! forza DOES have them! check it out! part number TC-H98018 http://www.forzatuning.net/header.asp

But yeah, those pics on that auction are just replacement pics- i guess there's only one real way to find out-and thats to order it! btw, forza is an EXCELLENT manufacterer.

p.s.- its 98-01, but still may fit on 02... dont expect this to be plug and play though- im sure it requires lots of cursing, bloody hands, and loss of morale!
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    So who's gonna pay $329 to find out if they are they are really for a 98-02 or not...I don't even think an aftermarket header will even make a difference since our header is so short...and I'll tell ya this much...taking it off is a BITCH!!! Anyone wanna buy a stock header? :D
  8. Offline

superpilun Guest

Message Count:
    wow what a rip-off. how come no one believes me that headers on a 1.8L 130hp engine won't do squat.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    I believe you...especially on the 98-01 1ZZ. I doubt you will see any gains and if you did it would prolly be less than 1-2 HP at high RPM.