1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News arizona immigration?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ikonXone, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    arizona immigration?

What are your thoughts on the Arizona law about immigration?

I can careless about it. I wish more states would be do the same and not just talking about mexico, but all illegal immigrants. I hate the typical, “they do jobs Americans won’t do” since that is bullshit. I have never seen proof of that and in this economy you will find legal citizens to do those jobs. Those jobs are probably better suited for first time workers anyways.
  2. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    I haven't been following it, buts it has made big news. Care to cliffnote it?
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    i think its fine. in fact arizona has made some pretty interesting laws or other things to help out the everyday citizens. It kinda sucks that obama's new health reform law changes a few health laws that they had at that state but like California is leading with new laws to help reduce emissions and stuff, Arizona IMO is very creative as well.
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    "The law, which proponents and critics alike said was the broadest and strictest immigration measure in generations, would make the failure to carry immigration documents a crime and give the police broad power to detain anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. Opponents have called it an open invitation for harassment and discrimination against Hispanics regardless of their citizenship status." - The New York Times.
  5. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i just read it So god damn hard to find a copy of the bill using google. I dont want to read about what nytimes/foxnews/nbc has to say i just wanna read the god damn bill...basically they can ask people to prove their citizenship without any cause? imo it makes sense. if you're in this country illegally you dont have any rights. I am an immigrant and i did my shit legit (well my parents did because i was 5) but still. My buddy who lives down in Pharr, TX right on the border agrees with the bill too.

Bottom line is, if you're trying to get into the country illegally you fucked up and have no rights. If you are here legally, more power to you. I wouldn't have a problem if a cop asked me to show my id/social on the street.
  6. Offline

dtrue Member

Message Count:
    ikonXone if youve been to the fields in ca, mainly bakersfield a lot of immigrants work picking fruits, and im sure weve all seen the people that sell flowers or oranges off the fwy, never seen anyone other immigrants do that job. But at the same time they could do things to become legal. I have a friend thats an illegal immigrant but she was brought over as a baby by her parents, but her parents couldve made her legal, and she couldve done it herself also. Oh and also as MovieStar said if you come over here illegaly you fucked up, most people come over here thinking its gonna be a better life but yet they get over here and it turns out to be the same thing as there country or maybe a bit better, but never as good as they think its gonna be
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I would be alright with illegals provided they didn't leech off of our tax dollars. However, not the case, so I approve of this.
  8. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Fuck em all, if your not legal get the fuck out. I wont lose sleep over sending them back to their countries, if you wont do it, I will.
  9. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    when's the last time you've bought oranges or strawberries from a person on the corner of a freeway exit? it's not needed and if it is than let a legal american do it.

newest thing i heard on a radio show (can't find the news story unfortunately) is that illegals who use fake identities to get work will usually use the most amount of deductions of 14 so that little tax is taken out. if the US would go to a fair tax system, i think that would get everyone covered on paying their share of taxes.
  10. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I approve. The only reason illegals are allowed to run free in WA is because farmers don't want to pay minimum wage. If you are here illegally, you shouldn't be. Other countries will arrest you and ship you out ASAP. Why not here?
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I agree with everyone
  12. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    Or an immigrant who is here legally on a work visa. They may not be an american but they have permission to do the job.
  13. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    If their in a work visa then they are legally here
  14. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    yes, or legal immigrants. this is mainly about illegal immigrants.
  15. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    i was adding to the quote since even on work visas, those immigrants are not americans. The quote stated "legal americans"
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Some awesome facts about illegal immigrants in the US:

-For those that say this isnt a violence/crime issue, Illegal immigrants make up 17% of the US prison population, yet only 3% of the total US population

-For those that say they want their cheap fruit....Labor makes up only 6% of the cost of vegetables and fruit....eliminating ALL illegal labor would add an addition of TOTAL 8 bucks overall for the average veggie/fruit purchases for the year

-For those that say these illegal immigrants are doing jobs that Americans WONT do- 4 to 6 million jobs have gone "underground" since 1990- these arent jobs that Americans dont want to do, but jobs that Americans USED to do before illegals immigrants TOOK THEM

--For those that say these illegal immigrants are doing jobs that Americans WONT do-Hotel industry averages ran at 12 bucks an hours for employees- that has dropped to $3.35 due to illegal immigrants willing to work for that much

-For those that say illegal immigrants are boosting the economy- Illegal immigrants are 50% more likely to use civil services- hence the legal citizens bear the costs.

-4.7 BILLION is spent on healthcare for illegal immigrants per year.

-30 billion is spent on education for illegal immigrants per year.

-In 2006, 70 percent of the women that gave birth at Parkland Hospital in Dallas were illegal aliens. Costs= over 75 million in costs for ONE HOSPITAL. US taxpayers get that burden.

They are NOT helping out America- they are BRINGING IT THE FUCK DOWN
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Agreed to every word.
  18. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    where are these stats from?
  19. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    the us government.
  20. Offline

dtrue Member

Message Count:
    shit i didnt know that hotel stat. i think with or without them the US would still be fuked
  21. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i'm tired of seeing the protesters saying it's unconstitutional, last time i checked the constitution applied to people here legally.
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Wouldn't the protesters be the ones hiding or covering for illegals? Easy picking for the cops later if they continue to protest. lol
  23. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

no
  24. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I agree with it... All my Hispanic friends are like ''WTF is wrong with you?''.... What a lot of Hispanics don't understand is that the reason why us Latinos are not well liked here other than the fact of entering to this country Illegally, is that they think they can come here and live with no laws like back in Mexico or where ever it is they came from... FUCK NO! We all have to abide by laws wether we like it or not. Just cause shit was different in other places doesn't mean that this system is going to agree with it. You break the law, now deal with the consequences. All I ever hear on the news based on headlines of assault and or any other crime related stuff is that prime suspects are Hispanics about 80% of the time... That shit is really sad and fucked up because of the fact that they are making good, honest and LEGAL Hispanic people look like absolute shit and be prejudged all the time... That and most of the drug trafficking takes place due to illegal people crossing boarders as well just packing tons of drugs and shit... ''WTF is wrong with the U.S and blah blah blah'' most people say cause of this law but all I can say is well how would you like for someone to break into your property/land and fuck your shit up?.... Well same situation here so put yourselves in the position of the US citizens, Government officials and LEGAL aliens by doing shit THE RIGHT WAY and educate yourselves and catch up with the times, we are in the USA not any other countries in which most laws are for show and don't apply.
  25. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    amen, cuztoms

when I moved to america to look for a job first thing I did was buy atleast some decent looking shoes and got the accent as best as I could

I'm from PR, so visa nor inmigration applies, but I didn't wanna look like the ones in the ghetto talking all "sup holmes".
  26. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    A lot of people think that change means being a poser. You definitely can't forget who you are and where you come from because that's what makes you, HOWEVER that doesn't mean you have to deny yourself a chance to come out of ignorance and better yourself. Reason why our countries are so down and under is because the government controls people by ignorance and we let them. There is so many good things that I personally have learned from this system and country and I feel much better educated in certain aspects when I go back to my country and visit with friends and family and how they live their lives there.
  27. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    That's true I live in Bakersfield.
  28. Offline

jcrwzr Member

Message Count:
    This is a sensitive issue. Yeah you can argue that the illegals mow our lawns, pick our fruit and clean my hotel rooms, etc, but the bottom line is they're here illegally. They should not deserve to feed off the gov't for free. 30 billion for education? WOW. Arnold Swartzenegger (sorry, i'm too lazy to spell check that) is cutting school days because there's hardly any money left to keep schools running. In addition to the hard working illegals (primarily the Hispanics doing the hard labor jobs) there are illegals practicing illegal activity. Stealing, drug dealing, etc. This is just upsetting and making things worse for the illegals who are working their butts off to make a living (illegaly)

The new bill is a step towards a solution, and what I've seen so far are just what the illegals are capable of and what effect they have on the USA. The new bill isn't very PC. It's harsh. How about some alternative SOLUTIONS?

Here are some of my ideas. They may not be great but it's a try.

Deport the illegals committing crime on the streets. Why crowd our prisons? My tax dollars are being spent to correct these illegal immigrants? No thanks. Deport.

So you really want to come to the US and make a living? Okay, STAND IN LINE and get a worker's visa! Unfortunately that's not going to work. Standing in line and waiting for a workers/professional visa? GO AHEAD cross the line!! But my solution to that is, you're documented an illegal immigrant, and there's a $2/hr minimum wage waiting for you and you'll be taxed big time. Don't even think about amnesty or think about getting a shot at citizenship. WAIT IN LINE. There are people all over the world waiting in line to get their worker visas. It's not fair illegals from Mexico take up all the room.

I don't know. I'm just ranting, but that's my solution for illegals. Wait in line for your visa, or pay the price.
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I agree. I was going to say California should adopt the death penalty instead of correction, but deportation would work too. However, what's to stop them from entering illegally again? We'll just have to spend money to deport them again and while they're in our country, they'll have time commit more illegal actions. So the death penalty might not be such a bad idea. They have no rights here. Of course those immigrants who don't commit crimes, won't be caught and executed. It's that simple. I know many won't agree with me here, but I had to say my 2 cents. Carry on.
  30. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    We had 4,000 people protesting the Arizona immigration law this past day, more than half of them probably illegals. Should have netted all of them with a giant net from a helicopter and drop em off in mexico, legal or not.