1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Anybody running 15x8 inch wheels

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Grinder, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Offline

Grinder Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Anybody running 15x8 inch wheels

as the title state's does anyone run this size or know of anyone, and if so what offset are they and what shocks are use mcpherson strut or coilovers
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    There was one guy running 15x8's on coilovers.
  3. Offline

Grinder Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    looking to see how the fit on a 7th gen
  4. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    measure it out
  5. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Toyota says that 7" wide wheels would be the largest that can be used and still clear the suspension. But if you plan on stretching a tire over that wide of a wheel, and run spacers to give you a little more room, cut/flare/roll fenders, and maybe run a crazy negative camber - I don't see clearance being an issue.

Good point about the coilover example from rollatuner110 - coilover generally have a smaller diameter compared to spring/strut setups - that would free up at least several mm of clearance.
  6. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    Im not sure why, but when I had my rotas on my car I had major issues. The rims were 16X7 and they had to be like 2 millimeters from the strut to be "almost" perfectly aligned. Any ideas why?? I had no problems with the front, but the rear was horrible and chewed up my tires.
  7. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    ^^^^ Do you remember off hand what the wheel offset was for those Rotas?

If the offset was too great - possible that you could make contact with the strut assembly. When I was running 16"x7" wheels on my Corolla, I had plenty of clearance with the strut but needed to heavily roll my fender to get the tire to "tuck" inside the fender. Those were with a 38mm offset. TRD 16" wheels I believe were a 47mm offset, and designed to fit in the fender without clearance issues in most cases, but I believe that was as close as you could get without actually making contact with the strut.

OEM recommends offsets between 35mm-45mm, wheel no wider than 7", and tire tread width no more than 215mm. But you can play around with those numbers and might be able to fit a wider wheel/tire. Tire choice can also play a significant role. Example - some 205/45R16 tires are wider than other 205/45R16 tires. You'd expect that the tire size is absolute, but each manufacturer has some "wiggle" room with the carcass design. In my case - Yokohama ES100 tires rubbed, while Kuhmo ESCTA 712 did not.
  8. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    I see. Im not sure of the offset anymore. I sold the rims months ago. I was running Yokohama Parada Spec 2 205/45-R16's on there. My buddy has the rims on his CRX right now with lowering springs and has no problems at all.
  9. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Today's my Birthday!
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    diff car