1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Another school shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Prodigy3006, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    Another school shooting

Nine dead.... worst since Colombine
  2. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea dood I was at Columbine when the shooting happened and one of my friends who played soccer with me for a long time was shot and he died right in my arms and well dood I dk it'll be somethin that will remain on my mind and life forever....... the world is gettin worse and worse by the day man... I don't even feel safe in my own house anymore; there's a serial killer loose around where I live and some lady and her children were killed in a community about 10 min away from where I live dood so I'm like damn wth is wrong with ppl dood.....messed up place but my condolences go out to the victim's families and God bless.... :sad:
  3. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    and the kid that was shoot was waving and smiling as he was shooting people
  4. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    where was this...i been in school since 7:00 and didn't hear anything about it...
  5. Offline

DjFrOsT New Member

Message Count:
    real sad...i heard about it this morning on the radio...real sad... :(
  6. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    I think CNN said minnisota
  7. Offline

underconstrtion New Member

Message Count:
    it happen in the bronx ny yesterday
  8. Offline

underconstrtion New Member

Message Count:
    sorry about that there was also a school shooting yesterday in the bronx.
  9. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    The one smiling was in Minn.
  10. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    oh boy people gotta stop botherin people, everytiime i hear sumthin like this its cuz some kid was "teased" wtf just leave people alone, now schools are gonna be even more like correctional facilities then they already are
  11. Offline

iAMconfused TRD Whore

Message Count:
    well, at least they keep the population down. so now people will think twice about ripping the condom and get themselves a kid that will eventually get killed or kill themselves.
  12. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    well its not the rents fault
  13. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    you truly are confused
  14. Offline

alby13 New Member

Message Count:
    you can't live your life in fear. you can't be careless. it is a fine balance.
  15. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I dk the only way that his kinda shit WILL finish or well somewhat is if the goverment CUTS GUNS OUT FROM THE MARKET FOR GOOD..... but noooo fuckin Bush ass fugget is focused on his stupid war and that stupid oil while ppl r walkin on the streets and next thing u kno some baby pulls out a 9mm on u and blasts ur ass man wtf is wrong with the world and with that stupid ass retard of Bush man... *triple slap for Bush*
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    oh boy i hope this doesnt turn into a bush sucks/bush rules debate,
    i dont think its JUST bush, i see it as a culmination of problems, but as a person i still think bush is an idiot....just look at him talkin,the man can barely form sentences
  17. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    well it's kool it won't man I just don't like Bush for crap man that's all..... but I dk the U.S needs more than that from its commander in chief man, wth he's like a little kid with the whole oil deal lol man what a loser... since it ain't costing him any why does he even care lol
  18. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    The solution is not banning guns...because that's not the problem.

How many school shootings have there been from, say, 1950 to 1980? How many people died? What's different from then compared to now? Society has changed, and now has a problem somewhere that is causing kids to develop mental illnesses that lead to these kind of things...or maybe allowing them.

I'd say the biggest change has been parenting: there's a lot more single parents out there, and for those lucky to have two parents they often both work full-time. Daycare is not a replacement for parents, and from the people I know there tends to be a correlation between a parent staying home (or spending most of his/her time at home) and raising kids and those who went to daycares...or even after school programs.

I know for some parents it's not financially feasible to have one stay home, but there are plenty of parents whose spouse is very affluent with a good job (lawyer, doctor, engineer, fill in the blank) but decide to work anyway because they get caught up in the rat race or just plainly want more money.
  19. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:

agreed...
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    renfield u hit the nail on the head, i volunteered/worked at an afterschool program with kids for 4+ years i was with them for about 2-3 hours a day.. i knew more about them than their parents did, the traditional concept of an american family has changed dramatically over the past 30 years-40 years
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    please elaborate
  22. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    I agree holey on what bulletproof said... when my dad wa growing up his father owned his own busness and worked full time, but his mother was home all day. but as I was growing up both of my parents worked, I'm the classic case of the latchkey kid. (my parents were gone when I got up in the morning, and were still gone when I got home. so yes the american family has changed in the last 40 years.
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    if you wana see the "quintessential" american household from back in the day watch tv land, leave it to beaver and other similar shows depicted what pretty much was the normal middle class suburban lifestyle(leaving out many of the realities, but in essence it was the same...)compare that to current life..very different, i can go for days with details but im sure you comprehend

and as denver said fewer and fewer women are becoming housewives..wether it be out of choice or necessitiy,dont get me wrong im all for womens equality and all that, my mom was a single parent...but its almost as if being a "stay at home" mother is frowned upon nowadays,
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    my fathers father didnt own a business.... was that the norm 40 years ago? so because you were raised differently than me or him or them or your own father means that everything has changed in the world? if anything has changed with the so called "american family" its that it has modernized.... which is pretty much forced. morals and such is strictly an opinion and a moot point. i think yuo all focus on how shitty families have gotten because when a shooting happens you hear about the kids family this or the kids family that.... but when a child excels are there news stories on how great there family is?

what about that asian kid who is a brilliant piano player now. his mom was still in whatever country they came from and his dad worked endless hours to keep them in a tiny apartment and pay for lessons and schooling..... how a kid is raised has slight effect on his outcome it seems. i personally feel its the kids peers that effect them the most. but what do i know
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    i was afraid of this comparison..... thats all you have to look back at, so its all you can base your opinion on. do you think that family life was actually like television? no
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    not exactly but fairly similar
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    so back to an old argument.... you think black folks all live in the ghetto and shoot at eachother, are all in gangs, and all do drugs.... that is the common portrayal in music, movies, and television.

family values and the way a family is run is based solely on the situation. there isnt a norm or a mean average here.... no "typical"
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    true....but situational norm is very different, thus causing everything to change along with it
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    again, please elaborate
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    i can see where this is goin.....lets not turn this into a back and forth between us....

what i mean by that is, statistically nowadays there are significantly more single mothers than there was back then, and parents are spending less and less time with their children, wether you think that might affect a child psychologically and socially is up to you.......i for once can see how the two can go together