1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

another question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corolla_Racer956, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Offline

Corolla_Racer956 Guest

Message Count:
    another question!

hey guys, umm im sory that i am asking so many questions but i just want to know all i can about my corolla and so far u guys have been a great help so to my question. Can any1 tell me wut vvt-i stands for??
  2. Offline

AznRolla Guest

Message Count:
    variable valve timing intelligence

dont worry about asking questions... thats how u learn
  3. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Im going to try to read your mind and say that you are going to ask what variable valve timing is? here is a really complicated answer that i found but its right and i didn't want to screw it up by saying wrong thing

VVT are used by BMW, Toyota, and various other car manufacturers. These types of systems allow earlier or later valve opening through cam phasing. The camgear changes the phase (or position) of the camshaft based on engine load, and is controlled by engine management system according to need, and actuated by hydraulic valve gears. At high speed for example, the inlet camshaft could be rotated in advance by 30 degrees or so to enable earlier intake opening.

Basically a VVT system makes your car better then a non-vvt engine with similar hp figures.