1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Another one bites the dust

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaosfm, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Offline

kaosfm Guest

Message Count:
    Ofcourse its on its fourth engine. Its a TOYOTA, and a COROLLA at that. Toyota is notorious for being the most unreliable car maker in the world. And the Corolla? Why did your mom pick that car? Its only the biggest production car in history and people keep buying them all over the world because they like buying a nameplate that blows engines left and right.

Now GM, now that's top-par. Everyone knows that the Pontiac is the most reliable and respected badge in the world, except for that crappy Vibe model of theirs.
  2. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    ok, before things escalate any further...

can you site some reasons why the previous engines bugged down? a fourth engine replacement? if that's the case, then quality control was overlooked... but knowing toyota, and how the japanese manufacturers work, i don't think so...

you should proally give more details to what you're saying about what happened to your mom's car, i mean, how could it get to the point of even reaching a 4th engine replcement? do you race stock engines and rev it up till they reach redline?

i bought my rolla used, and at the time of purchase, it was already a 5 year old car, my AE101 hasn't given me any problems except for the usual wear and tear parts, this is almost 5 years since i had the car, meaning, its almost 10 years old... engine hasn't bugged down... the vvti is suppose to be better than its predecessor, just wondering what's wrong with what you've got on your mom's 04...
  3. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    Another one bites the dust

engine that is....

My moms 04 corolla... its on its 4th engine.....the original one had 2k kms on it, and it blew up, the 2nd one did the same at about 4k kms on it, the 3rd one finally has to be changed because 4 head gaskets have been put in it....

this thing is a severe POS... it only has like 10k kms on it, and the 4th engine is going in tomorrow. and after we get it back, its being traded in for a 2004 Pontiac G6.... we cant take it anymore.. about 8 grand in that car (all warranty of course) but a HUGE inconvienence....

I told her to buy a Cavalier.. lol.. i got a 2004 in sunburst orange metallic, and have no problems... and i race it at the track, and live around redline.. not a problem on it.

Cavalier:
    [IMG]
    Corolla:
    [IMG]
  4. Offline

91DX Guest

Message Count:
    mods do us all a favor...
  5. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    nah man, im being searous!..

im trying to figure out if this is a common problem, or just the car....

I used to work at the Corolla plant, on the moulding line..... i probably have seen every single one of your new corollas LOL..... but noone at the plant will tell me whats going on
  6. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    4th engine on a 04? I think whoever put in these new engines forgot to put in oil.
  7. Offline

Prizmatic Guest

Message Count:
    Cavalier's suck. I have probably driven 40 different chevy cavalier's and almost everyone had severe drivetrain problems, they were only about 2-3 yrs old with about 40,000 miles on the odometer. I would suggest that you stop driving your cavalier so harsh, trust me it will take a shit. I would never take a cavalier over a corolla. the corolla's are much more reliable, that is exactly why I have a foriegn car over a domestic. anyways how many miles does your cavalier have? I will say that I like the body style just as much as the corolla's.
  8. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    2004 corolla on its 4th engine? in my 21 yrs of driving, i've never heard of a brand new model with 3 blown up engine and a 4th one soon to be put in!
    three things: this story is BS, person/shop installed the engine is a complete moron or the driver is a complete moron!
  9. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    I would contact Toyota and whine until they bought my damn car back or given me trade in credit. I would be highly interested in seeing the technicians notes from each engine repair.

IMO, The G6 is ok, but that car is too new and there still may be lurking design flaws.
  10. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    well 2k4kav, any comments or justifications for all of the posts above? seems like a good debate between having a cavalier or rolla...

i'd pick an import over the cav, they're more reliable and more parts available... just my two cents...
  11. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    4th engine... thats very very strange
  12. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    the dealership has put all of them in..... Its fricken gay i tells ya....

im not BS'ing this either.. i used to post on here under a different username, but somehow, it got deleted..

and trust me... my cavaliers engine is no where near stock... Its built by a shop in my city. They have done a 11 second civic, and a 8 second CRX
  13. Offline

MarkXRS New Member

Message Count:
    Yea either the Toyota dealership is on crack, your on crack or stupid, or your mom is red lining the new engines. I can understand one bad engine, but 4 is unheard of. Now I can see a GM changing the engine 4 times...but not Toyota. If this is some kind of attempt at bashing Toyota Corolla owners than you sir need a life. Better yet go out and buy a camero and them come and talk trash..or just leave.

And second, why did your profile get deleted, and why on earth havent you called Toyota about this, or taken it to another dealership?

Mark
  14. Offline

vash Guest

Message Count:
    there has to be somthing wrong with the driver.......ive never heard of anything like this that was not the cars owners fault
  15. Offline

CraigW New Member

Message Count:
  16. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    its a woman driven car.. of course its not beaten on....

We have found out this morning, that they dont need to do another swap, but there is a gasket blown, thats gonna take a few days to get in. My dad is in contact with TOyota canada, because they will not give us a rental car. My neighbour is one of the top toyota guys, that japan has sent over, to head up the new build of the Lexus SuV in cambridge. So he is also aware of the problem.... Not saying i hate corollas,or toyotas ingeneral.. I love them!, its just that this experience has put a hold on mylove.

And go ahead and flame about GM.. trust me, im aware of it. but i think its funny, cause i was playing tag with a 03 LE on the highway,a nd he couldnt catch up to me.... By spring, this cav will be running in the 13's
  17. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    tell her not to leave it in L on the freeway
  18. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    BULLSHIT!!! lol

It's defenetly the driver, he says that he lives around redline in his Cavalier well that car ain't gonna last too long right there and well about the Corolla man I think it's BS.... my car is a 98' and it's close to the 100K miles and I've never had a single problem with it, Toyota is got quality engines and I don't think the dealership is stupid enough to put 4 defective engines these are pros we're talkin about here........ Plus the only way to blow engines is by redlining or bad treatment (oil change, etc) so my question is... what kind of a dumbass would redline a brand new engine that is just the stupidest thing to do right there if u ask me, no wonder it went through 4 engines, plus if I was you I would've asked for a new car instead of 4 engines....*sighs* *shrugs* oh well some ppl just never learn do they???
  19. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    I bet it's the driver. :p
  20. Offline

kaosfm Guest

Message Count:
    I don't know how things work in Canada, but down here we have something called Lemon Law. After that many severe failures, the consumer has the right to sue for breach of contract for delivering faulty goods. You usually always win a resolution and the company would have to refund your full amount of money in exchange for the car, or give you a new vehicle.

I wouldn't stand for that shit!

Its really too bad.

I know they have a mystery "sludge" problem which destroys Toyota engines, mostly on the Camry and ES300. Maybe this is at work here.
  21. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    whats this sludge problem? what does it do?
  22. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    it is possible to wreck a new car's engine with pretty low mileage but the driver would have to be a complete idiot and he/she would have to totally abuse the car everyday before the engine would blow up. i can see this with one engine... but 4 engines?

i used to have a taiwanese family living next door with 2 young boys and they own a 93 or 94 camry. most of the time, the parents are in taiwan and the kids are left in canada. the older kid was a complete idiot who just don't give a flying f*** in the world and just floors the camry every chance he gets. the car was bought brand new and i think after a year or less, i started seeing the camry pump out blue smoke!
  23. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    btw.. i dont drive the corolla.... my mom babies it....

i only redline my Ecotec, cause its built to handle it...
  24. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    All I know is that my Corolla has 329 000kms on it, and it stills runs perfectly fine... not engine issues whatsoever...
  25. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I never thought I would see the day where I would where some says "I only dog my gm engine..........because those jap engines just can't take it" lol
  26. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    With a Zex kit, right? 130 shot and forged internals?

You'll be beating Mustang Cobras while you have a blown head gasket, too..or am I wrong.

My rolla has over 154,000 miles on it, hits redline just about every day, and has a Nitrous Express kit plugged into it. Works just great.
  27. Offline

Geese Guest

Message Count:
    the dude is obiously trolling and yet so many feeders
  28. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    hehe, this thread is funny, make sure there werent any cats or mice in the engine- mice typically end up in the intake, cats end up in the radiator fan as well, which will cause massive overheating..
  29. Offline

2k4Kav Guest

Message Count:
    your all idiots...

my fucking cav bone stock blew away corollas.... and no, not a Zex kit.... Hahn Racecraft turbo there man....

whatever.. the rolla is a POS.. its getting traded in on monday, for a G6...
  30. Offline

alby13 New Member

Message Count:
    *clapping*