1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Aluminum Gutter Guard, does it rust?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Bigbear588, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Offline

Bigbear588 Guest

Message Count:
    Aluminum Gutter Guard, does it rust?

Anyone have problem with their Gutter Guard rusting against their bumpers? Winter is crazy here in MN and I don't want rust on my bumper from the melted snow.
  2. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    aluminum shouldn't rust so you shouldn't have a problem with that
  3. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    aluminum does not rust.

it does corrode though, and may turn a whitish color when exposed to the weather.

now if its anodised, thats a diffrent story, but raw aluminum will corrode. take a look under your hood, many of the air conditioning components are raw aluminum, and you know how hard it is to keep those bright.
  4. Offline

Mr SEntra Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Aluminum Gutter Guard, does it rust?

My ghetto grill(made with gutter guard) has gone through all the VA winters for the past 4 years, except for this past year and it's held up fine. You should be good to go. :)
  5. Offline

Bigbear588 Guest

Message Count:
    Alright, cool. Right now I'm usin the black plastic Gutter Guard painted silver. It looks great, but if I ever decide to change is to aluminum I won't have to worry.
  6. Offline

Bigbear588 Guest

Message Count:
    I have another question. What do you guys use to hold the sides down? The hidden part behind the bumper, I notice the wind makes my mesh bend back at the sides.