1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News Airport Scanners: For or Against?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Nov 16, 2010.

?

Do you support the new security measures?

I support the new measures and will choose the full-body scanner 5 vote(s) 71.4%
I support the new measures and will choose the pat-down 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I do not support the new measures 1 vote(s) 14.3%
I dont follow the news and have no idea what you are talking about 1 vote(s) 14.3%
  1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    This is somewhat old news, but surprisingly we haven't discussed it. What does everyone think of the new full-body scanners that are being rolled out in the wake of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab's attempted bombing nearly one year ago?

Poll coming.
  2. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i've been reading that even the full body scanner may not detect items in underwear, so i don't see a point to them. even a pat down is not going to work and it seems this is all to give an illusion of being safe which we are really not. i know it's bad, but racial profiling seems like a better option than giving an extreme pat down to an old lady if she turns down scanner. there's only one kind of person trying to blow up planes and they're not white, black, mexican or asian. even the no fly lists don't work. i am curious to what will happen when i travel to vietnam next year.
  3. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I don't have tv so I have no clue, looks like I got to use the Internet for more than this place lol. I'll go read up on it and come back.
  4. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    I believe every measure taken is fine as long as people can get to their flight on time. Until they come out with something better, I say do whatever they can. I'd rather be too safe than not safe enough.
  5. Offline

FolkenStrategos Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    There's no such thing as a safe place in this world. You could try to put all these measures in place, but at the end of the day, God protects his own and that's your only guarantee of safety.
  6. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    ^interesting take on things
  7. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    is there's no safe places as you are saying, than how is god able to guarantee safety?
  8. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Why do people mix religion into everything? Only you can protect yourself by taking precautions and using your common sense.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Random Heads Up: Please, let's keep this discussion grown up and ad hominem fallacy free.

Ikon: God guarantees Safety through time. Using people and events to keep you from being at a place of danger at every point in time for your life time.

Eric: Not sure if mixing religion is agianst forum rules but, The bible clearly says: The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. I don't mix religion with everything, religion/God is the whole reason I exist. Every other thing is just to keep busy while I await his return.

No matter how much common sense and precaution you use it's impossible to see the whole picture of what's happening, and avoid all terrorist attacks, or random acts of violence and creulty, murders, envys, etc that happens at every corner, in every neighborhood. I don't need to point to you people that have taken this extreme precaution that you say and still end up unfortunately being murdered. Happens in low class neighborhoods everyday.

There are exceptions to every rule, yes, but like I said earlier, with God you will be safe. As far as airport scanner or pat down goes, I will just choose the Full body scanner, it's really not that big a deal to me.
  10. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    should have left religion out of this in the beginning, but since you brought it up. why weren't these people kept safe by god? they were obvious people who "believed" in him. you "guarantee" safety, but looks like even god can't guarantee that. i am sure all the people on he 9/11 plans thought they were guaranteed safety also.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Fata...ushes-congress-for-safer-buses-110055264.html

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2010/11/25/one-dead-and-12-hurst-in-west-bromwich-bus-crash/
  11. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    agreed. Eric... Ad hominem! Haven't I taught you anything? LOL

Speaking of Logical Fallacies, This is also becoming a Non-Sequitur, red herring, and also turned into special pleading for a moment. I'm sure I'm missing a couple of others but oh well.

I support body scanners until there would be a more effective way of preventing any incidents. I will however support a full body pat down if the person patting me down is some hot chick and I get to pat her down afterwards. Mwahaha
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    No one knows the personal lives of the people that were victims of these unfortunate events. So I can't say there were stone cold sinners, neither can I say they were holy in God's sight. That's knowledge that's beyond the both of us, what I do know for sure is

Trust in him and he'll never let you down.
  13. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    looks like you're not guaranteed safety since you have used foul language on this forum which is not appropriate according to the bible, correct? it really shouldn't matter if people on the bus have sinned (like you have) because it does say something like "god is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” which would relieve them of all their wrong doing and as you've said "guarantee their safey. the bible and most (not all) people who follow it are a joke and use selective enforcement on what the bible teaches. luckily, i know enough about religion to know the only guarantee in life is death.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    blah...your done.
  15. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    ...certainly not taxes! lol
  16. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    it's not even guaranteed you have to pay taxes. people get around it, but if not done properly you can go to jail.
  17. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Just ask Al Capone.
  18. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Yeah... I know... that's why I said certainly NOT taxes.