1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Aftermarket fog lights

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by GSE21tuner, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Aftermarket fog lights

What is a good brand of foglights I should be looking at? I need a pair that are slim and small to fit in my VIS bumper. It can't be too bulky and heavy, cuz I'm not sure if the fiberglass can support the weight with all the bouncing and shaking. Any price will do, but they need to be quality. I'm prolly looking at a round or rectangular size, not rally size. Small and petite.
  2. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    pilot is a pretty good company...i got mine off www.sounddomain.com (the shop part) for around $40. i don't know if they'd fit in your bumper...you should be able to see them in my sig....
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    piaa driving lights
  4. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    eurolite driving lights
  5. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    I have PIAA's and love them. Can't go wrong with them. Check ebay out.

X
  6. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    anyone here with an 03+ corolla with aftermarket driving or fog lights? if yes, what brand/model u have and how did you install it? u made special brackets, etc?
    i'm thinking of buying an aftermarket set for my 03. thanks.
  7. Offline

Laura New Member

Message Count:
    <---- is saving up for PIAA driving lights, I have decided it is not wise to put cheap stuff on your car. I don't want to mess up with lights too , just to have a "look". Best to go with quality.
  8. Offline

alby13 New Member

Message Count:
    you can't go wrong with Pilot. i have a set of Pilot projectile amber fog lights on my ride. they do the job. the thing about fog lights is i have seen people with super expensive limited edition PIAA fog lights with a huge hole in it from a rock that bounced up and crushed the lense and inside. unless you are looking for a specific amount of lumens and angle i wouldn't go with anything too expensive. make sure you mount them good. fiberglass will support them if bolted on properly.
  9. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    yeah i'm just looking for the right set of light to go with my 03. i bought a set of hella and installed it on my van and after a year... i see moisture, and the lens inside started to peel and crap! cheap ass shit. i thought it was hella so it must be good. :(
    the unit was made in china or taiwan, really disappointed with it. i won't buy any foglights made in asia anymore. i'll stick with bosch/hella that's made in germany.

i like piaa but very pricey.
  10. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    i'm not looking for anything fancy, just normal yellow fogs that would leak! how did you mount yours?
    i find it hard to mount on the bumper steel frame or whatever u call that. it's so tough to drill and i just couldn't find the right kind of bolt to mount the brackets. :( this was the problem on my van. i looked at my 03, seems like it's gonna be the same deal. any suggestions?