1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

ACC Power Line?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by AKBishop, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Offline

AKBishop Guest

Message Count:
    ACC Power Line?

I'm installing an FM Modulator in my 2003 Corolla S. Thanks to the instructions in the DIY section, I was able to get to the radio out to get access to the Antenna line, so that was no problem. However, I need to tap into the 12V ACC Power. I'm pretty new at all this, and I've seen some stuff about running lines from batteries, etc. However, I was thinking that since this shouldn't need a whole lot of power, that there was probably some kind of ACC Power line I could tap into behind the dash.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, behind the top storage compartment, I noticed a plug that wasn't plugged into anything. Any ideas what that goes to?

Thanks!
  2. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Re: ACC Power Line?

About the ACC line... do you have an aftermarket stereo? If you do, it would be the red wire in the harness. If not, check out this site to find out which wire is for power (this diagram shows the wires in the stock radio harness). [ur]lhttp://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf[/url]. The wire you want is the "+12v ignition" wire.