1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

9th Gen Corolla Owners: Questions For You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shifty, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    Its a corolla expect rattling and buzzing.....
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    DO you have an aftermarket audio system? Subs? Expect rattling!
  3. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    nothing strange about your problems. i have those rattles/buzz (in my 03) too when my music is turned up high, with the bass all the way up. $24k is pretty common these days for a car. if you don't want to hear any whistling, rattles, buzz, etc. trade in your XRS for a lexus. :)
  4. Offline

MarkXRS New Member

Message Count:
    9th Gen Corolla Owners: Questions For You?

These question is mostly for XRS owners, but it may apply to all 9th gens too. Iv had my car for about 2 months, and I have noticed a few thinigs. First when going over about 130kmh (like when passing, etc) I notice a high pitch whisteling noise coming from the front of my car. It also happens when a transport truck passes going at a high rate of speed. Anybody have this noise..its pretty loud, not like a regular whistle that happens on a windy day?

Also, within the first week of having my car I noticed that the door panels buzz and rattle whenever any bass hits from my stereo..it annoying and I would expect better from a $24,000 car. My 11 year old Celica internal panels never rattled or buzzed to bass...i also have the stock stereo too? Anybody have this problem on any Corolla?

I am going to address these problem to Toyota as well as a very hard to move passengers seat that wont slide easily. I sure hope none of these problems are a precursor to the quality of the car in the future.

Aside from the the car is great.

Mark
  5. Offline

BIO Banned

Message Count:
    i had some rattle noise in the dash just behind the clock i take the car to the dealer and let them fixed so ne way it is still under warranty so just do it
  6. Offline

MarkXRS New Member

Message Count:
    Alrighty if its a common problem then Ill just live the with ratteling.

Mark
  7. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    i rattle, but i'm a 98
  8. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    my 94 only started rattling 2 years ago...
  9. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    my 02 rattles
  10. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    my back speakers rattles...dunno if my ex put em on right or not tho (i was very anal about drilling holes in my car for ne thing..so i don't really know what he did to put them in), but i'm too lazy to check anyways...but yeah, they're pioneers 6 x 9s...i don't remember the factory ones ever rattled before...but they did sounded crappy..
  11. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    He said he has stock sound system.
  12. Offline

Speed_Racer Guest

Message Count:
    My 01 doesn't rattle at all, but I don't have subs in it either.

The only noise I get is a whining noise about every 8 months from the a-c/heat blower motor. But I just take it apart clean it and spray it with WD-40 and it's fine for another 8 months. This has happened ever since buying it.

Now I did have it lowered for a while on eibach prokits and tokico struts and it did rattle then, but the ride was very harsh so that's expected. And as soon as I put the stock struts and springs back on the rattles were gone.

If you have subs in your car, then yes the interior panels are going to rattle. With enough bass you can make any car rattle.
  13. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    you think it rattles now wait till you have stiffer springs and poly motor mounts in ;)
  14. Offline

italiancorolla Authorized Stinger Dealer

Message Count:
    my 04 stock head unit rattles all the time....I have taken it in and they say the bracket is bent every time, yet no one but them has taken it a part hmmmm.....I dont have a ratte in my panels how ever, but I have noticed a lot of road noise....
  15. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
  16. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    my 03 rattles too... but that would be from the 1200 watts pushing through the audiobahns in the trunk :D

as for that noise - mine used to do that a bit, and i realized after a while it was because the rubber seal around my driver's door window was coming off, and was jammed up where the window goes... it was letting air in and whistled at high speed. That could be your problem, as I'm pretty sure the doors between an 03 S and a 05 XRS are the same.