1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 99 corolla engine questions

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by 99corolla, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Offline

99corolla New Member

Message Count:
    99 corolla engine questions

hey guys whats up..im new to this just wanted to say hi and see if anyone can help ...got my car.... im working on a 1999 toyota corolla 1zzfe non vvti 5 speed i need to find out what should i start with to add some hp i know headers pulleys things like that but headers i see there no where to be found for a 99 corolla, pulleys i seen several places can anyone help with where and what parts i can get to add hp before turbo besides MWR i seen there headers were 700 dollars wwhich is hard to belive ..... im planning on adding turbo but thats on hold till tax time :) then ill do the setup for that but what else can i do in the meantime... also does anyone know the truth if non vvti is faster than the vvti i race my brothers 08 corolla vvti 5 speed as well and i always beat him. i tought vvti should be faster???? who has a 99 corolla thats turbbo on here.../?
  2. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    wowsers. one long sentence. you only need a single header versus multiple headers. what kind of realistic power are you looking for? maybe you should come up with a budget first and then go from there. why is this labeled asap? is it that important that it happens tomorrow?
  3. Offline

99corolla New Member

Message Count:
    no idk i was in a rush when i type didnt worry bout the asap didnt know it was a big deal as well.
  4. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    it must be the water out here in henderson... but i couldnt have said it better myself.

the vvti engine makes more power, but the OBVIOUS size and weight difference between the cars is the determining factor.

figure out a plan of action... i dont suggest you turbocharge your car though. it takes mechanically knowledge to install and maintain, and i get the feeling that you arent up to the task.

just stick to the typical I/H/E that you will easily find with some more research and call it good.
  5. Offline

99corolla New Member

Message Count:
    i had a turbo civic before that got stolen then i wanted to take a challenge of a toyota corolla i know they beat civics stock to stock depending which engine but si vs xrs still xrs regular civic vs me or vvti i would win all the time. turbo maintnance not an issue i just never had a challenge in finding the rite parts for a car before...
  6. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    that explains it all

good luck
  7. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    worst thread topic ever!
  8. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    And I came in here expecting an emergency situation.
  9. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
  10. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Yeah, manifold not included...
  11. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I love how those cheap turbo kits say STARTER KITS. They're basically saying you can install this, but you'll have to replace everything except the piping.
  12. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count: