1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 98 Rolla engine/exhaust mods

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by Reformed2hacker, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Offline

Reformed2hacker Guest

Message Count:
    98 Rolla engine/exhaust mods

hey guys, i'm new to the board. i've been searching for engine parts of the my rolla forever. i want to get a CAI, new muffler, anything else that will make me go faster.

From what i can gather, E.L. Prototypes makes a CAI for the 98, although i don't know how to get ahold of one. can anyone tell me.

As for the muffler, i was thinking about getting a TRD, after looking at Vamp's DIY's.

And for other stuff, anyone got any ideas on how i can make my Rolla faster.

98 Rolla
    1.8L
    Manual 5spd

if you need anymore info on my car just post, and i'll reply

thanks a bunch guys
  2. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    where u from?
  3. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    i hate to spoil the anxiousness, but how much faster do you really wanna go? b/c with basic bolt-ons-dont expect much... especiall with just a muffler...
  4. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    get a full catback exhaust system, ask rollaryders for that company, i forgot what it was..el prototypes makes the CAI, you can call them, go to www.elprototypes.com and call the number, they're pretty busy since it's 3 guys so leave a message or call a lot lol..turbo kits obviously..for about 3500 you can pick one up from www.racingsolution.com, you can also wait for el proto to make headers for our cars..i also have a 98..just little stuff for now..unless you want to go turbo or nitrous..
  5. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    n2o u have 2 get a universal kit...wouldnt go more than a 50 shot...$400+
    for cat-back exhaust get it from alphawerks around $330 shipped
    ELP for CAI....$180
  6. Offline

98guerolla New Member

Message Count:
    u can also get the catback from ebay , and ELP makes the CAI for $180 plus shipping.
  7. Offline

Reformed2hacker Guest

Message Count:
    umm well i guess i should have said, "get going faster" not "go faster"

and i'm from Louisiana. just north of Baton Rouge

and thanks for the info, who gave some. i was also wondering what companies make a NO kit for a 98 rolla
  8. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    I had a local exhaust place custom make my exhaust..they only want 75 bucks for 2.25" crush bent (I'm not making much power, so I wasn't going to spend 4x that for mandrel bent), plus whatever muffler you want.

Look around the for sale boards for a CAI..I found mine for ~$100 (EL Prototypes).

Other than intake/exhaust and maybe a pulley, you can get an aftermarket clutch and flywheel, but that'll be expensive (~$300 clutch, ~$380 flywheel, ~$350 installation)..

Are you planning any suspension work?
  9. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
  10. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    I bought my clutch and flywheel from them...excellent shop.
  11. Offline

Def98rolla Guest

Message Count:
    how do u like the sound of your Alphawerks exhaust...shit sounds mean and deep eh? and it looks nice...and you can actually feel some pull when in the high 4500-5000k rpms :) I like it and I wouldnt change it considering i only paid 215 for it too :D