1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

98-02 hood

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by oppositesleeper, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Offline

oppositesleeper New Member

Message Count:
    98-02 hood

First its my understanding that 98-99 and 00-02 have different (style) hoods but they also are interchangable. So my question is: does anyone in or around the Oklahoma City area have a 98-02 rolla with a hood in good condition. Ive got some money again and im looking to purchase a carbon fiber hood for my prizm and i wanna do a complete test fit on a stock hood and see what kind of clearance issues there are if there are any. So if anyone would be willing (or have a friend they could talk into letting me) to let me take the hood off bolt it on and give it back within a 30-45 minute time frame and they live around this area let me know. I would appreciate it.
    thanks
  2. Offline

Wide Slip Angle New Member

Message Count:
    Ask some dude at a junkyard if you can do a quick test-fit and then just give it back to him and say thanks, but it's not exactly what you were looking for.
  3. Offline

oppositesleeper New Member

Message Count:
    ive called every junk yard within 50 miles and the only 98-02 rolla i could find was front end wrecked. Now days its cheaper to fix cars then to junk em.
  4. Offline

Toby New Member

Message Count:
    You will want a corolla front bumper to match your new carbon fiber hood on a prizm. Other wise it will work but has a little gap that i think is just ugly. The hood doesn't roll down as far in the front and you have a little difference around the head lights. Nothing the rolla bumper wont cure though....
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Negative.

98-02 are the EXACT SAME hood. The Toyota part numbers are EXACT.

The *ONLY* differences in the bodies between the 99-00 and 01-02's are the front bumper, the headlights and the radiator support (the 01-02s have mounts for the headlight where the 98-00's have a hole there - which makes it still possible to convert from 98-00 to 01-02 front as i did this weekend)

my car before 01-02 conversion:

[IMG]

after:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Offline

Toby New Member

Message Count:
    corolla hood fits fine and latches like it should. It doesn't come down as far and around the head lights looks a little sloppy, though that will(and should) be cleared up by a corolla front bumper. Other wise your good. In fact a 93to 97 will bolt on and latch though it has really really bad headlight fitment issues.