1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

9005/9006 --> H4 Conversion

Discussion in 'Interior' started by hazer00, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Offline

hazer00 Psycho Child

Message Count:
    9005/9006 --> H4 Conversion

Does anyone know how to do the 9005/9006-->H4 Coversion and not have the high beam indicator lit when the headlights are on. I wired the two grounds from the 9005/6 to the H4 ground and the power from the 9005 to the high side and the 9006 to the low side. Now the headlights work, but for some reason, the high beam indicator is lit when the low beam are on and when you try to trigger the high beam, you can barely tell the difference. Please help me out!
  2. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    I think that's pretty much how it's going to be unless you create some sort of uber relay. Vamp mentioned an idea to prevent the high beam light from staying on, but you'll have to ask him for the details.
  3. Offline

rolla_7AFE hmong

Message Count:
    u need to use relay
    copy from corollaracing.com
    by
    BLUEMEANIE
    This is the diagram I drew up for mine... the only part where the diagram is wrong is grounding the relays, you need to connect the neg lead from the car to the relay instead. Toyota's have an alternating ground rather than positive.
    [IMG]
    Only use the wires from the driver's side of the car since they're closer to the fuse box. Just individually tape off the passengers side and secure it some where.
    items needed
    12ga wire
    2 - 87a relays
    2 - H4 sockets
    2 - H4 bulbs
  4. Offline

hazer00 Psycho Child

Message Count:
    Thanks fellas, I will give it a shot!
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ^^ that diagram is mistaken for 9005/6 to H4 where low beam turns off when high turns on.. both filiment in the bulb will be lit when high is switch on and would cause premature burnout.

modification needed to be made are:
    (+batt fused at 30Amps ) -> (left relay pin 30) -> (left relay pin 87 to low beams + :.end) (left relay pin 87a to right relay pin 30) -> (right relay pin 87 to high beam + :.end)
    And add rectifier diodes to switch to pin 86 because relay coils carry EMFs and if there is a backward voltage spike it could fry your OEM switch. Always use rectifiers with relays and fuse new circuits..
  6. Offline

rolla_7AFE hmong

Message Count:

humm i need to mod mine then thanks for the info jspex
  7. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    np, but quick sidenote your schematic is correct for wiring hi-lo and bi-xenon HID setups where you dont want the lowbeam to turn off when you turnon or flash the high beam. I'll draw a schematic to illustrate my method better if I find some extra time.
  8. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    If anyone builds one of these, I'll buy it. I'd like to have the one Rolla_7afe posted, b/c I plan on adding an HID projector kit.
  9. Offline

hazer00 Psycho Child

Message Count:
    Yes, please..draw up the schematic. I have HIDs and for some reason, when I turn on my lights, the pass side balast will only blink then turn off, unless I rev the car up, then it will click on, if I cycle the switch.