1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

8th generation Celica

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slvr2000fdvspec, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    that looks like a friggin RX8
  2. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    8th generation Celica

This picture was shown in an Australian auto show as a concept Celica. The top model is said to have 250 HP. It really makes me confused that a tiny market of 15 million people in Australia atleast get to see the new Celica whereas the 300 million in the US and close to 35 million in Canada will never see the Celica again. Very strange.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/s...portivo+concept
  3. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    that car's been in concept shows the last year. it's not a celica replacement. i don't think it's even a concept celica
  4. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    So Toyota intends to bring a new sports car taking Celica''s place??
  5. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    companies change the name all the time. especially in america. It catches an americans eye. Look at the rsx/integra. Though I dunno if they will make another celica platform from the statement they released.
  6. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, if Toyota can make a cheaper sports car that is more affordable under a different name, I think they will get a very good response. I know it sounds very unlikely, but hey Toyota alwasy does things when least expected.
  7. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ...that car is fully intended to be a good car for controlling teens. there was ANOTHER post about 4 months ago on TN about it.
  8. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    So then it must be badged a Scion??? I just don''t understand why Toyota cannot make cars cheaper and sell more of them?? They work out to be the same thing. If Toyota makes a good quality sports car for lesser price (i.e a new Toyota Supra, hypothetically speaking), people would flock to the dealerships to buy them.
  9. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    don't know what the badging will be. all i know is that will have a function where the driver puts their license in a slot inside the console, and it controls how fast the user will go, as well as labeling the driver on the tags...so if someone runs a red light, the OWNER of the car doesn't get ticketed - the DRIVER will.

this is a technological concept car. not the new celica.
  10. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I read about that technological concept on the google groups Toyota message board and some of the people were so furious at Toyota's 'consiencious effort' that they vowed to boycott Toyota....LOL
  11. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I think everyone should just chill with the Celica rumors and just wait for something official from Toyota itself.