1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 8th Gen

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by cgreen38, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    - For the exhaust, I already have a muffler. It's a Magnaflow (looks like the stock muffler already on my car!). One of my co-workers had it on his high CR B18 Civic coupe. He said it sounds nice and looks great.
    - I'm really leery about the OBX header. Is it any good? Is it poorly made? I've heard stories of people having to modify it to fit... maybe I'm wrong.
    - For the EL Prototypes stuff, where can I get it? I can't find their stuff online anywhere! :(
    Also, do they make cam sprockets/gears? If they don't, who does? (for the 1zz-fe non VVT-i)
  2. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    Unorthodox racing makes crank pulley, and alternator pulley's... the obx header's fit perfectly and are great in throttle response.....as for crank shafts I know of only one person who has the ELP and well that person says that with them you can smoke honda civic si's..... The cam shafts are one of a kind....I've messaged him about making duplicates of the cam shafts for me....
  3. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    8th Gen

I haven't posted too much on this site, but I drive a 98 Corolla VE. I've had it since December of '05. Since then, I've put 16" Rota wheels on it (with Yoko AVS es100's), an eBay SRI, TCS grounding kit, and a fidanza short shifter. I know, I'm basically a ricer with taste. :hs:
    Anywho, does anyone have any suggestions for my car to make it more fun? I've contemplated a few things, but I want to see what other 'rolla owners think. I would like to turbo or supercharge, but I can't affort to because I'm getting married next year. I'm gonna be driving this car 'til it falls apart or I get a job with a killer salary, so I want this car to be more fun for DD.
    As far as other planned mods go, I've been contemplating the following:
    - Ksport coilovers, or just going the cheaper route and getting Tokico HP's and Tein S-tech's.
    - Hotchkis sways
    - DC header
    - 2.25" exhaust (with resonator, hi-flow cat, and a magnaflow muffler). Nothing ricey on that. If I do this exhaust, I refuse to be like the kids that slap on a coffee can and call it a muffler. Cars like that (majority of it in BR is Civics and Accords with a few Integras here and there) sound like anus. Plus, I need to keep this OBD-II compliant (or at least as much as possible!)!
    - Possibly a fidanza stage 1 clutch and ~10lb. flywheel.

Any other ideas? I'm open to suggestions.
  4. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    TRD exhaust, OBX header, ELP cold air intake, ELP cam shafts
  5. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    1. He said "headers" as in more than one. He didnt' say corollas have more than one.

2. I think he meant cams, not crank. :)
  6. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    and to add on...the person who tested the camshafts also had a CAI, full exhaust, and safc... That was it...
  7. Offline

pras211 Guest

Message Count:

hey i am gonna get a magnaflow cat back for my rolla 04 is it worth it how loud is it i got a short ram k and n i dont want it to be too loud at low revs wud i get wat i want frm a magnaflow????
  8. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    I knew about the pulleys. I've actually considered getting Crower Stage 2 cams for a while. I'd also need to upgrade valves, springs, and retainers, tho. All that runs about $900 from MWR. I want to, but probably won't. Do you know if anyone makes adjustable cam gears for our cars?
  9. Offline

metlife622 Guest

Message Count:
    its Header!!<br />
    <br />
    and a simple crank shaft will most likely not be the reason your car can &quot;smoke&quot; honduh civc SI's. you people are watching too much F&amp;F...*sigh*
  10. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    so i accidently put in an &quot;s&quot; chill!!!.... MEtlife so you've experienced the camshafts??? or you just talking lip??? Do you even know how they work??? I'm going off from what ELP has said in there creation of the camshafts and from what a person who had them experienced with them on their car.... So I'm not throwing out bull!!......
  11. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    so you bought the cam shafts from Crower?? or what exactly did you buy??? What gains are you expecting?
  12. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    how much??? and whats the part number??
  13. Offline

Fourbanger Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    Just buy the cams straight from Crower mine is on the way. Here is a sales/tech rep. 1-619-690-7806